Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.P N.W championship

Options
  • 31-05-2005 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Does any1 know how the P.P N.W Championship went.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

It went very smoothly, 153 runners at 100+10 in and a 50euro rebuy, with 8000 added there was 30,000 in the prizepool, blind structure was great, I ended up leaving with 600 for 9th after 1person objected to a deal that would have seen 10players take 2.5k each and play on for 7.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

bohsman wrote:
    1person objected to a deal that would have seen 10players take 2.5k each and play on for 7.5

I hope whoever he was won less than the 2.5K? I couldn't get down myself cos of prior commitments but in hindsight I probably saved myself a fortune :D

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

well done bohsmam, it was tough going i thought, there were alot of good players and i didnt get that great of cards. I left before the finish so i dont know how the final table went. maddness that the deal was not accepted by all, sounded good!! Do you know who the winner was or where they were from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The person that objected went out in 7th for 1k or so, it was won by Mike from Bundoran, very popular winner well known in the north west.

The standard of play varied from terrible to very good with a few players down from the North and 70players having qualified from heats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Nice one Oscar, on a roll

with regard to the deal its not really fair to criticise someone here until we know exactly what his/her stack was and how the prize money was split. Just last week there was a thread here about how some fellow was stupid to agree a deal. And the fact that he only received 1K afterwards is beside the point. Btw, it wasn't me :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm glad you are concerned for the sake of our game Fintan, let me assure you it was run transparently and all went very smoothly.

152 players paid in and 140 rebought.... it must be my cologne but at my games it seems a lot of people use their rebuy.
    That gave us 15,200 from entries (that would be 152x the full 100) and 7000 from rebuys (again 140x the full 50). We had over 8000 added (7k from heats and 1k from PPP) giving a grand total of 30,500 euro.
    The payout structure was announced before the event, and was rounded to:
    on downwards with 12 getting paid and 600 for 10th on the final table if memory serves.

The structure was:
    25/50 30 mins
    50/100 30 mins
    75/150 30 mins
    100/200 20 mins
    break - at which point we played 20 mins for all levels.
    150/300
    200/400
    300/600
    400/800
    500/1000
    800/1500
    1000/2000 (etc).

No antes and we played hand for hand to determine the bubble. We started at 6:45 and finished at 5:45 the next morning with a terrific atmosphere for the final table right through to heads up.

A full report from my pov will be online shortly.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oscar played amazingly well and was hit by a three outer with one card to come on the final table. The winner was Mike Carlin (often called Mike Rosini!) who is a well known player from Bundoran in Sligo, Mike a great guy, similar to Joe O'Neill in manner and very popular in the NW. He thought he had it in the bag with about a 5:1 chip lead and slow played two pair allowing his opponent to bluff a rainbow flop with nothing. the turn brought no help and Mike was hugging the crowd thinking his opponent was drawing dead when the river brought another spade and while it made Mike the 4 high flush with his K4, it made his opponent the 6 high flush with J6. His opponent fought back to almost level in chips at one point but Mike was just too strong and it was all over about 20 minutes later.

DeV.

Advertisement