Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Front Door

Options
  • 31-05-2005 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Need to get a new front door for my house asap as I'm renovating and have plasterers coming in soon so itd be good to get it in before then.

We both want a red door (that kind of fire engine red door) and had a look at some red pvc ones but didnt like the colour so were all set to go with a wooden door but I was recommended Ballymount Joiners but itll be a 3 week lead time and I have to do up a sketch and fax it to them to get a quote.

I've come across http://www.arcticdoors.com and their fibreglass doors seem great - they seem to look like wood but arent and the red colour they have is spot on for what we want.

Does anyone have any experience with this crowd and what are the lead times like? Are the doors any good and do the look like wood or cheap imitations?

How much is a reasonable price for either wooden door or a fibreglass door? I could fit it myself but won't bother if its not much extra to get them to fit it.

What is standard practice here - do I have to send them a sketch of the surround or will they come out and price it and discuss?

Go raibh maith agaibh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

No experience with either supplier, but I do know if the front of your house is south facing and getting a lot of sun the door may still be good but red turns pink.

Something to do with the pigments needed to get a deep shade of red, open to correction this side of the Atlantic ;)

Advertisement