Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad beat or bad play

Options
  • 31-05-2005 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Tap and myself ended up in the heads up in our regular game friday night.
    Starting chips - tap 22k jem 17.5k.
    I won first two potswithout showdown to take lead.
    third pot.
    Tap bb jem sb (Js, 4c)
    jem call bb,
    flop Ac, 8c, 6h.
    check, check.
    Turn Jc
    tap all in Jem call.
    Tap turns over aa for trip aces, Jem flush.
    River - crap.
    Jem wins.
    Tap recons that he was v. unlucky and bad beat , jem recons No, bad play, should have made bet after flop in case I had a flush draw. I did. What do you think??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

If Im reading correctly this you only have four to a flush and dont mention suit of river. So where is the flush?

I think he should have bet the flop or at least the turn if the board had a flush draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Now now jem you seem to be suffering from selective memory.
    1) The chip count when we started the heads up was exactly the same; you then won 2 pots in arrow giving you 28500 and me 12500.
    2) When the hand was dealt I had pocket aces and felt I had to try and do some damage to get back into the game.
    3) You had jc 4s
    4) Flop came ks 8s as. I knew I had you beet at this stage but realised it was a dangerous flop for me, but there was little money in the pot and I was hoping for some action. :o
    5) Turn js. I checked you pushed. I hoped more so than thought you had not hit the flush, therefore I came over the top all in. there was no point in just calling, as I would have been pot committed anyway.
    6) River 2 or 3 of d. you win.
    7) I would never normally play trips like that with a possible flush on the table and when I went all in I had 13 outs to win or at least half the pot.
    I never said I was a bad beat, I said you had the voodoo on me all night, I think you have to admit you hit allot more than your fair share of turns and rivers against me that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

tap28 wrote:
    Now now jem you seem to be suffering from selective memory.
    1) The chip count when we started the heads up was exactly the same; you then won 2 pots in arrow giving you 28500 and me 12500..
    No you had the lead on chips I had only 17.5 and you 22.5 .
    tap28 wrote:
    I never said I was a bad beat, I said you had the voodoo on me all night, I think you have to admit you hit allot more than your fair share of turns and rivers against me that night.
    Hit one or two but likewise got hurt badly when I floped a straight for the doc to hit runner runner to get a house.

Advertisement