Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rakeback

Options
  • 31-05-2005 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

HEy,
    Can someone give me some info on rakeback deals...I play (almost excluseively) on empire....What is a good deal, 25%?? How do I go about getting one..Post here or PM me ..
    Thanks a bunch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi,
    www.poker.ie now offer 25% back with Empire Poker. Click here to find out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

you two know eachother? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    www.poker.ie now offer 25% back with Empire Poker. Click here to find out more.
    Shameless hmph
    :0(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Requested information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

If you want a half-decent listing of the rakeback on offer at various sites, check out www.rakerebatereview.com. You may need to sign up for a different party skin to avail of rakeback as it's more difficult to get it on an existing account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I took up a deal on rakesucks.com using the eurobet skin. They get 35% of my rake and pass back 25% so they basically get 10%. A friedn of mine who is the affiliate who referred me then gets 25% of that so he is basically earning 2.5% of the rake of every player he refers to the site. He's making $10K a month on his own. I'm not even gona tell you how much I estimate he makes from rakeback as well. sick! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

NickyOD wrote:
    I took up a deal on rakesucks.com using the eurobet skin. They get 35% of my rake and pass back 25% so they basically get 10%. A friedn of mine who is the affiliate who referred me then gets 25% of that so he is basically earning 2.5% of the rake of every player he refers to the site. He's making $10K a month on his own. I'm not even gona tell you how much I estimate he makes from rakeback as well. sick! :eek:

Nicky, would you recommend this as a deal? What way do they organise payments to you, any minimum requirements?

What other sites over deals?

If anyone else has information I'd be grateful.

Iago wrote:
    Nicky, would you recommend this as a deal? What way do they organise payments to you, any minimum requirements?

What other sites over deals?

If anyone else has information I'd be grateful.

I dont think it really matters which deal you take, although I have heard horror stories of cowbows taking all the rake and giving you nothing but they are usually the ones with the spam emails. Delete those. If you sign up on rakesucks you're putting money in Matt Matros's pocket so you'll probably feel better about doing it through Cian's site. Either way you lose nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Shameless hmph
    :0(

Whats so bad about answering a question?!

Iago,
    The rakeback set up that you get via our site is very good. I use it myself. And after getting stung by a cowboy for a couple of grands worth of rebate a while back, I would be one to know about not signing up with simply anyone who seems to be offering a good deal. I have to say that this set up is far far superior to any I know of. They have tons of references from 2+2 players, and the people who run it are Empires 2nd biggest affiliators, so they are fairly serious about it.

Nicky, just a question about the rebate thing you are talking about...

You say that your friend referred you, and you get 25% and he gets 2.5%. If you refer someone else, do YOU get 2.5% of what they earn, or did your friend just get this because he is an affiliator?

With our set up, you get 25% back, and if you refer a friend, you get 26% to work with. This 26% (of your friends rake) can be divided between you and your friend whatever way you choose...for example, you could keep 3% and give him 23%, you could keep 6% and give him 20% and so on.

Oh, and the money is also put back into your Empire account and you can cash out whenever you like, and log in to see how much you are owed etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ive just signed up with raketracker, gonna give it a go but looks to be a very proffesional setup, as for paddypower giving out about poker.ie pimping, thats one of the funniest things Ive read in a long time on this board

Cianos wrote:
    Nicky, just a question about the rebate thing you are talking about...

You say that your friend referred you, and you get 25% and he gets 2.5%. If you refer someone else, do YOU get 2.5% of what they earn, or did your friend just get this because he is an affiliator?

Yes, I am a sub affiliate of the site and can earn 2.5% of the rake of anyone I refer. They lose nothing by doing this. You get a $200 signup bonus (not $50 like other sites) which you have to clear before beginning to earn rakeback which isn't tough. The rakeback also goes straight into your eurobet account. The guy who gets my 2.5% is also a sub affiliate. The site makes 7.5% of the rake of every player who signs up. Considering the guy who signed me up is making my normal wage weekly in rakeback alone (although he plays 15/30) it is a seriously good deal, particularly if you get to refer a lot of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

well, you may as well start your rakeback career and post what your referer name is on rakesucks.com and poker.ie - then, at least we can start to keep the rake rebate in the boards.ie family...

Well I didn't want to spam the site. I thought would be rude since I would be making money from your rake. I only ever intended to refer people I know, but since you asked, if anyone is interested they can IM me and I'll send them the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I play pretty much exclusively on PokerStars. I don't think PokerStars offers any form of rakeback through affiliates but does anyone know or heard differently?
    Also why would major sites like PartyPoker and UltimateBet offer rake back deals when a major site like PokerStars wouldn't? Granted they have the added potential of increasing their numbers by outsourcing alot of their marketing and recruiting but they pay quite a high proportion of their rake for this.
    This whole idea of rakeback is relatively new to me so any information you have would be appreciated.

I could be wrong but I believe party came up with the idea themselves because they needed to do something about the players they were losing. They could easily pay the rake back directly but without affiliates no one would have any incentive to introduce new players to the site. The purpose was to boost their numbers

but......

"They're under pressure from their legitimate affiliates - the ones that don't offer rakeback. An affiliate who doesn't offer rakeback can't compete against the ones that do.

Also, rakeback has created a tremendous incentive for Party players to move to other skins, or to create second accounts, so that they can get in on the action. The point of affiliates, remember, is to generate new players, not to cannabalize the existing player base. The majority of rb deals - I'd be willing to bet - go to players who already have at least one account."

Yeah I would agree with that info Nicky. It is not really harmful to the poker sites to allow rebates to happen. The rakeback is taken out of the affiliators share of the rake. For example, with our Empire Poker banners if someone clicks on them and sets up an account and plays, we earn 30% of what that player generates. But in order to attract more players and to compete with rebaters, we offer 26% of a players rake back to them, so we only earn 4%. If you are a serious internet player you would be silly not to play under a rebate, as the extra cash you can earn is really quite significant as the weeks go by.

Edit: Woops...Should point out that with our banners, you dont automatically get rebate by just clicking the regular Empire banners, you have to mail us to get it all set up.

Anyway, as you may have noticed I have removed my signature because I feel people are getting offended by it. Either that or people simply dont like me :( !!

Anyway, to fully explain the rebate deal we offer, it is as follows;

In response to this thread and hearing about the other set ups, we have decided to up our rebate to 26%. We want to give people the best rebate revenue and this is definately the best deal available on the internet as far as we are aware. Also when you are referring friends, you will have 27% to work with, so you can give them the nice round figure of 25%, and have 2% for yourself...or whatever way you choose basically. The cashout is worked back into your Empire account etc etc.

If you need any more info you can mail me: cian [at] poker [dot] ie
    there is also more info available here

Advertisement