Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No PCMCIA card on board????

Options
  • 31-05-2005 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi,

I friend recently purchased the Dell X1. However due to its small size, lightness and the changing times we live in they decided not to put a PCMCIA card slot into it. Now he’s left with a number of PCMCIA card which he can’t use include a Vodafone GSM card which he wants to use. Is there any port replicator that he can buy that we give him a PCMCIA slot to USB 2.0?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

You could get a unit like This

or just google for "usb to pcmcia"

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

Thanks Cal,

I did Google before submitting but nothing conclusive. I saw that item but is seems to read only PCMCIA drives "PCMCIA Type II Cards (PC Cards) which are stored on the Flash memory cards and hard drive devices " I'm concerned that it would not handle information from a GSM PCMCIA card as will be required. I've submitted a question to them on the product but nothing back yet.

What I'm looking for is a PCMCIA port replicator which will do the job.

Advertisement