Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Book Club] Lolita

Options
  • 31-05-2005 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else read this? (Don't worry, I have plenty more to say but I'd rather not be talking to an empty screen).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm planning on reading it on my "train trip of doom" tomorrow.

Will have opinionated wrong-headed arguments ready for posting when I get back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

"Train Trip of Doom"?? Pray tell??

I'm nearly finished "For Whom The Bell Tolls", so that will be my first book for discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

dudara wrote:
    "Train Trip of Doom"?? Pray tell??

I have to travel up and down to Dublin every two weeks for a session with a consultant. I've got a bad cough today, tomorrow won't be pretty.

Might bring two books actually, will have nothing else to do for most of tomorrow. Generally an hour's wait in the consultant's lounge before I see him.

dudara wrote:
    I'm nearly finished "For Whom The Bell Tolls", so that will be my first book for discussion.

Back on topic..

Yeah, I want to read that too. I've not been very together for the past two weeks and not been able to focus enough to read. Hopefully tomorrow's journey will get me back in the swing of things :) I'm a fast reader once I manage to pin myself down long enough to get into a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Best of luck then tomorrow. I'm also usually pretty quick, but lately all the pressures mean that my reading rate has slowed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

I've read both lolita and for whom the bell tolls but i don't feel in a pro active mood(exam fatigue!) but i'll respond to any dicussion :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement