Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some random nostalgia...

Options
  • 30-05-2005 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

The Girl From Tomorrow : Ah, fond memories of this sci fi series from down 'unda. Remember Silverthorn's gun? (Oh, for 10 bonus points can you name the aussie/nz tv show currently on irish tv screens where the said Silverthorn now plays a doctor?)

Interceptor : Yes, you know this, it was Treasure Hunt's evil twin! Running around the english countryside with a locked backpack with infra-red receptors on the back while being chased by a hammy actor dressed in black, zoomin around in a cool chopper with a gun-like infra-red projector and a pet eagle!
    http://www.interceptors-lair.com/flash.htm

Pajo and the Salty Frog / Pajo and the Salty Frog in Space : Ah, the heady days of youth television on RTE. Will we ever see the likes of this again? We can but hope.

Red Lemonade : Did the red colouring make it taste different? Logic tells me no, but for some reason I remember it tasting different. Also, was this an irish only beverage? I recall being on holiday in London around 1990 and asking for a glass of red lemonade, got all I got was a blank stare, and a few minuates later I had to settle for a 7up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Saturnine

Is it Shortland Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Saturnine wrote:
    Is it Shortland Street?

Our survey says...
    Eeech-Errr!
    Sorry, try again :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Saturnine

All Saints?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

ooh my god!! I LOVED the girl from tomorrow, it was actually one of the coolest shows around!!!
    I think the show you're talking about is Shortland Street too...

as for red lemonade, it definately tastes different.. definately!!

Saturnine wrote:
    All Saints?

You got it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

The Girl From Tomorrow was brill! But whats all this about red lemonade being an irish only??? what am i to do if im abroad and yearn for a whiskey and red?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Red lemonade was banned in nearly every country world wide bar ireland!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Red Lemonade.. Ahhh..
    Esp when the entire bottle was ordered for a group of kids..

Page not seen u posting in ages.

been in hospital!!!

(too much red lemonade)

*Page* wrote:
    Red lemonade was banned in nearly every country world wide bar ireland!!!!

:eek: whah?!

• Advertisement

yup its not a very healthy drink! the red dye was one of those really bad E126 or something(cant remember the E it was) but thats why you can only get it in ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

was that Taylor Keith(TK) red lemonade? that was pretty horrible stuff, but its all we got cos it was cheapest at the time. Used to nearly dye the bottom of the glasses so imagine what it did to your stomach :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

That Silverthorn guy also played the baddie (think the name was Preston Preston or something like that) in "Young Einstein". Remember that? Yahoo Serious? Anybody? :D My little brother used to love that film and anytime we'd rent out a video he always wanted us to get out "Young Einstein" again! I must have seen it a thousand times thanks to him. Was a pretty funny film, though. Remember him sitting in the tin bath playing the violin? And blowing up the shed in a massive mushroom cloud, then coming running up the hill, all blackened and hair all over the place and singed, to his father with a pint in his hand and going, "Look Dad! Bubbles!", after finally managing to makes bubbles in beer? Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Young Einstein was great, my older brother was obsessed with it. I remember him plucking one string of the guitar and getting a massive shock out of it our something hehe. I remember the bowl on his head while getting his hair cut :)

Advertisement