Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 6

Options
  • 30-05-2005 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Anyone know what this is about www.channel6.ie? They seem to have ads for various jobs on a couple of websites too. We getting a new station in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a new channel on cable and satellite afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

What's the 5th channel though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Raoul Duke wrote:
    What's the 5th channel though?
    Perhaps they didn't want to be confused with the English Channel 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Perhaps they didn't want to be confused with the English Channel 5.

Setanta is channel 5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

We already had this discussion somewhere! Its a new channel that hopes to produce as much Irish output as TG4, it may or may not operate in UK, but i guess Setanta may be considered Irelands 4th national channel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

i guess Setanta may be considered Irelands 4th national channel!

Not by me its not - I only have Sky and I'm not paying a subscription for Setanta ;)

I read somewhere a few weeks ago about this channel. iirc It's called Channel 6 because it's licensed in the UK but it's going to broadcast to/(from?) Ireland. Our govt. have no say over UK licensing and under Television without Frontiers they can't prevent a foreign licensee from broadcasting to Ireland.

Yeah, its down the forum list somewhere might try and dig it out! BTW i meant to say channel 5 about setanta TG4 would be 4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

it may or may not operate in UK
    It's operating in the North afaik

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=233568

Here is the other disscusion its in broadcasting! The channel is also being called Kich TV, and is set to go on air before christmas! According to Post.ie its recruiting media people!

• Advertisement
Advertisement