Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of wax is doing well.

Options
  • 30-05-2005 10:00am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at the box office top 10 last night and noticed that `House of wax` had grosed 30 mill. While that pales im comparision to Epp 3, its still good for a horror film. Im not expecting a lot from the film but makes me feel good about the horror movie business. Im not sure what `Amityville` grosed but I hope it did well also. If only to keep horror films popular the odd gem will emerge from all the tripe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

As I said in the film forum, House of Wax is definitely above average, and is pretty gory in places. It still resorts to loud noises for scares, but overall its definitely better than alot of the crap thats appeared in the last year. The climax in the House of Wax is very very well done too.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

have to agree with TmB.
    for a film i had such low expextations of I really enjoyed it.

paced quite well with none of the "were to clever for our selves" attitutde that has plagued the mainstream teen horror genre since scream.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well thats good to hear. The main sentiment in this thread is a hopefull future for horror films rather than how good HOW was but good to hear its good all the same. May just go see this one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The fact that Paris Hilton dies in it is probably attracting quite a few people to see the film. :)

Advertisement