Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-05-2005 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi,

I love jazz music and want to see a band playing live. Any suggestions as to where I might go in Dublin?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

JJ Smyth's, Aungier St. Ph: 475 2565. Check out the free listing mags - Event Guide, In Dublin. About €7 in. Jazz Wed, Thur (I *think*).

They have a good Blues night every Tues (Irish Blues Club check www). First Tues each month is jam night and can be great - lots of variety.

BTW, I *hate* the fact that Blues is lumped in with Jazz in this forum!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

esel wrote:
    JJ Smyth's, Aungier St. Ph: 475 2565. Check out the free listing mags - Event Guide, In Dublin. About €7 in. Jazz Wed, Thur (I *think*).

They have a good Blues night every Tues (Irish Blues Club check www). First Tues each month is jam night and can be great - lots of variety.

BTW, I *hate* the fact that Blues is lumped in with Jazz in this forum!
    Thanks esel!

I was going to post another question about live blues gigs but you just answered that for me too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭PunyHuman

Slattery's in Rathmines have live jazz upstairs at the weekend; it's free in.

A band called Organics usually play there on Fridays. The man Justin Carroll plays a mean Hammond organ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Fantasy

Wrights bar in Swords. Sundays 6 - 8:15. They have jazz sessions and its ree in. I love it there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Fantasy

Wrights bar in Swords. Sundays 6 - 8:15. They have jazz sessions and its free in. I love it there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Hi,

I love jazz music and want to see a band playing live. Any suggestions as to where I might go in Dublin?

Thanks!

Go see Louis Stewart in the Wellington this wednesday....€7 in and you'll get to see one of the greatest bebop guitarists ever!!

Fusion
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fuse

I used to go to Ma Reillys in Rathmines every odd Tuesday night to see John Earle and his band play. They were amazing, top class musicians.
    Not sure if its still going on, heard last year that John was very ill.
    Anybody know if it's still going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

The dirty Jazz club upstairs in the International Bar on Wicklow st.
    every Tuesday.. very good band...

some very good suggestions! thanks again all.

I went to Slatterys in Rathmines last night wth a few mates and there was a band on upstairs. Forget their name though but they were very very good. New york blues, the drummer was excellent. Im off to Cork this weekend but I think I might try somewhere else the following weekend.

There seems to be alot of live jazz/blues around town but in my opinion its not advertised very well which is a real shame. Thanks to all again!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

There's a sticky at the top of the forum for precisely this reason... please use it and keep it up-to-date!

• Advertisement

I was not aware of this, I am now.
    again thank you to all who responded

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Sauron wrote:
    The dirty Jazz club upstairs in the International Bar on Wicklow st.
    every Tuesday.. very good band...

I'm popping into these tonight. Should be good.

Advertisement