Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News Reader Who Couldnt Cut the Mustard

Options
  • 29-05-2005 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else remember her?

About two or three years ago, for a few weeks they had this girl doing the graveyard shift on sky news, Indian appearance/name, quite pretty iirc, but unfortunately just couldnt cut it as a newsreader. After a few weeks of constantly fluffing her lines, stalling her talk and generally showing severe nerves they seemed to get rid of her. Yid be watchin feelin really sorry for her tbh as she stumbled through the news and seemed to be praying her shift would end soon so she could get herself together

Did she ever return elsewhere, or did her 4 years of journalism in uni really go down the pan due to nerves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Anjali Rao?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i remember her but her name escapes me. I used to feel so sorry for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the best night time reader is the man who seems to take the piss out of most of the stories on sky news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Want to see a bad news reader?? or sports reader in this case....

http://gorillamask.net/sportsnews.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm under the sheets, pretending this is'nt happening! :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

lol,yes its cringe worthy,some of the stuff on that site is classic...look for the stewie vs shatner video :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Does anyone else remember her?

About two or three years ago, for a few weeks they had this girl doing the graveyard shift on sky news, Indian appearance/name, quite pretty iirc, but unfortunately just couldnt cut it as a newsreader. After a few weeks of constantly fluffing her lines, stalling her talk and generally showing severe nerves they seemed to get rid of her. Yid be watchin feelin really sorry for her tbh as she stumbled through the news and seemed to be praying her shift would end soon so she could get herself together

Did she ever return elsewhere, or did her 4 years of journalism in uni really go down the pan due to nerves?

Im not sure now , but a couple of months back they had an Indian newsreader again on the graveyard shift , made a few mistakes (definetly not up to Prime Time standards) but she was ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

tvnutz wrote:
    lol,yes its cringe worthy,some of the stuff on that site is classic...look for the stewie vs shatner video :D

I'd heard of that Shatner "Rocket Man" (or should I say, "I'm a rock....et.... man!" :D) thing before but never actually seen the video of it. Of course, I've already seen Stewie's interpretation of it before and it cracked me up in the past (even if some of the people I was watching it with at the time didn't know what I was laughing at and the meaning behind it and I had to explain to them it was a pisstake of the Shatner thing! :D ). But now, after having watched the Shatner video, all I can say is.......

MERCIFUL JAYSUS! :eek:

You've got to wonder what exactly was in that cigarette Bill was smoking, don't you? ;):D

Yeah, some of the stuff on that site is hilarious. Check out the weatherman video. You got to feel sorry for the guy in some ways. At one point I thought he was going to start crying! :eek:

Ye the weather man was good...

but i thought this was damn hilarious.

http://gorillamask.net/media.shtml

I cant give you the exact link for obvious reasons...just hit Ctrl and F and type in "This should happen to every woman at least once", and play that file.

• Advertisement
Advertisement