Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Navy NCIS" too graphic for morning TV?

Options
  • 29-05-2005 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

It's after taking over the morning slot that "JAG" occupied (rubbish except for Catherine Bell http://www.thelunasjag.com/photos/cb/cb3.jpg ) on RTE 1.

Anyway, it's made by the same guy who made JAG but it's a clear attempt to ape CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Some really graphic forensic stuff. There was an autopsy on a guy in an episode this week that had been killed in an explosion. You see his charred, blackened corpse. I thought it was way too graphic for a morning TV show and maybe RTE have made a mistake in their scheduling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I sumtimes wonder do RTE even watch shows before they air them or is it sum kind straw-drawing that points the finger at what they view and can then edit.

Programme is crap neway, as bad as CSI, but at least its knows its bad and can have fun safe in the knowledge that it is yet another generic forensic sci series with bad actors and worse story lines.

LL NCIS!

Romo wrote:
    It's after taking over the morning slot that "JAG" occupied (rubbish except for Catherine Bell http://www.thelunasjag.com/photos/cb/cb3.jpg ) on RTE 1.

too true!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye its quite bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Donald P. Bellsario is the new Stephen J. Cannell - both of them had a few 80's hits each ("Magnum PI", "Quantum Leap" & "The A-Team" ) and then both moved onto to the safety of producing crap like JAG, NCIS, "Airwolf", "The Greatest American Hero", "21 Jump Street", "The Commish" & "Renegade".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

i won't have a bad word said about the greatest american hero, who could claim a programme with such an amazing and uplifting theme song :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Greatest American Hero is one of the most underated shows of its action/comedy type ever! A pity the corn-fed Yanks never quite got it.

Mike.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The guy from JAG is the spitting image of the janitor in Scrubs, give or take 10 years.

lol

yeah actually now that u say it i do see a resemblance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Romo

I'm probably harping on about this but there is another programme called "Lucky" on TG4 at around 10 in the morning. Its actually very good, stars John Corbett, check it out if you can. But there is no way this is morning TV. Quiet a few expletitives, really adult humor-there was a joke yesterday about giving someone a reach around. I wonder whats next, "Oz" I suppose.

Advertisement