Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A 'lil help please!

Options
  • 29-05-2005 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

im really panicking...i know its no good just writing about it but im so worried...got 530 in the pre but twas flukey and im sooo worried now :eek: anyone transport me to a future where i got 600 and id be fine? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Is this some sort of joke? - I'm must say its in very bad taste considering people like moi are in slightly worse situation than toi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

sorry, am just extremely worried and was looking for some reassurance about the pres not being as hard as the real thing etc...looks like i shld look elsewhere...i feel like killing myself though, ive no work done, spent the day with my eyes just looking at the tv but not absorbing anything, couldnt even look at a book, thought id get sick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ye, is this some sort of sick joke??? id give my left left leg to be in your position(not my right one because its my favourite one).

you say you were watching tv all day :eek: /me slaps face like macauley culkin after putting on aftershave in home alone....

so what was the help you wanted exactly??? Was it something like :"oh its going to be ok", or was it "just go and study!!"

or where you just trying to make us all jealous of your high mock score? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i doubt 530 could constitute as a fluke tbh

are you just pipming your score? if you could do well in the micks then it stands to reason that you can do well in the thing itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Stop freaking out. You'll be fine, just believe in yourself. you'll be grand. I got like 450 in my mocks-which i thought was a fluke, and then went onto get over 500 in the lc...

Basicly, you've got to do this yourself, don't look to others, just get ur head down and do it. It'll all be over soon. Just don't think about points, believe me, the leaving cert isnt the b all and end all- it does fu(king help alot, I'm in Ucd after a disatorous year last year where after working my ass off at the lc i had a near exhaustion breakdown or something, droped out of uni, got a job where I just didnt do anything mentally stimulating...then i realised i was an idiot.so take breaks :D

Study, but do relax see your friends, but mainly just get down to it-try not to think about points, you;ll get something. Just have confidence in yourself and you'll be ok. 530 is alot. I'm a firm believer in the magic pen- you're freaking out now, but when you go into an exam and get focused, you let the pen take over as you start scribbling, if you've studied enuf, it'll come to you.

What are you hoping for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

usually i'm a nice-ish person but you have got to be extracting the urine.
    unless of course your going for medicine or law or something, in that case panic away!
    jus consider the feelings of others, i dunno bout any one else nut i feel stupid now :-(
    everyone feels panicked now, u just gotta roll it into adrenaline.
    DO NOT BE LIKE ME however, do not let the feeling take over, cos you'll ned up doing FA but still crying at least once a day cos u can't stop worrying about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

ye, is this some sort of sick joke??? id give my left left leg to be in your position(not my right one because its my favourite one).

you say you were watching tv all day :eek: /me slaps face like macauley culkin after putting on aftershave in home alone....

so what was the help you wanted exactly??? Was it something like :"oh its going to be ok", or was it "just go and study!!"

or where you just trying to make us all jealous of your high mock score? :confused:
    lmao

you jus took the words outta my mouth
    added a lil imagery
    and alakazam
    there you go

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just *HUGS* to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭katiegordon

Leave her alone,so she has high expectations can she not worry with the rest of you about whether she will achieve them!!! :)

Leave her alone,so she has high expectations can she not worry with the rest of you about whether she will achieve them!!! :)

oh my god, leave now , i know from reading your other posts that your a TY.
    come back 2 yrs from now and see if you feel the same.
    fair play to her if she has "high expectations" she's obviously + going to do well if she got 530 in the mocks!
    i got 400, go me! (mind u i didn't open a book)

• Advertisement

Also, stop trying to get into clubs! :rolleyes:

Oh my god let it go!!!Anyway is der no skool forum that is not exam related i feel a bit out of place here???

ditto to the above. at least i'm 17 and look like i belong in barcode!
    go play with ur barbies, barbie :mad:

WTF who do u tink ur tlkin to!!I asked a question u cud at least answer mayb den u ud get rid of me and just cuz im a year and a bvit younger than u does not mean i dont hav an opinion

I study English, French and Spanish, and yet I have no idea what you just said.

Evidently u hav never been involved in a txt conversation so

Yes I hve but if u hvnt noticed this is teh net so we spk normal here. Ok?

Well i like to get my point across quickly....

But it's more important to get your point across clearly, like the rest of us...........

quality -v- quantity its a lifelong argument i choose quantity u obviously, quality.We will beg to differ

• Advertisement

Or not!

Quantity vs. quality is important in everyday life. But on the net, it's always quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Who's getting didactic now..?

Maybe she's a slow typer. Seriously this is a lame argument

She clearly isn't a slow typer if you check how long it took her to write her last post.

For the love of..

Does it really matter?

In your opinion its quality but its more often the case that an argument needs quantity (eg. in debatin xtra marks 4 the more points made)

ApeXaviour wrote:
    For the love of..

Does it really matter?

Well there have been many threads started by mods complaining about txt speakers...........

......so yes it does matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Evidently u hav never been involved in a txt conversation so
    I'd love to see the brick of a phone you use or have you just not managed to turn on predictive text?

Listen, she's not gonna budge, neither are you, that much is obvious. Starting a big (and may I say boring) flame is not the lesser evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yeah you suck.

• Advertisement

All the trinity heads won't leave us alone in our little old forum. ;)

Advertisement