Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural Stone Carpets?

Options
  • 29-05-2005 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Has any one any experience with "Natural Stone Carpets" and approximately how much do they cost? I've heard they are tough, durable and easy to clean.
    Many thanks
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

First time I've heard of it. First in list when I typed it into www.google.com and I got this. http://www.naturalstonecarpets.ie/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

It is like thousands of small grains glued to the floor and tightly packed. I saw a demonstration floor getting covered at an exhibition a month or so ago. It looks ok but definitly not for a sitting room floor. Would be suited for a kitchen, utility room or maybe in the workplace. Looks easy to clean and maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

I think when they came in first the target market was Hotel and Office building reception areas.

They can come up with some very nice designs and colour mixes, my first impression would be great for heavy traffic areas in commercial buildings, but maybe a bit "cold" for home use.

Then waddoIknow ?, my sister is the interior designer I am more left outside ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I was out in their showrooms in Swords - definitely worth a look. I can't remember what the price was other than it seemed reasonably good value, and easy to maintain. After that its a matter of opinion as to whether its nice or not. I instantly liked it, but the more I saw of it the less keen I was (novelty factor wearing off I guess, rather than spotting any flaws).

A friend of mine got it in their whole downstairs, including sitting room, hall, and kitchen. They are happy with it, but personally I didnt like the colour they chose. Too many different coloured stones in the mix they chose which made it too fussy for me. Better to stick with all or predominantly one colour IMO - maybe with a border or motif to liven it up if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Went to the showrooms, it looks really good alright. You can get it in about 200 different colours - price is 80ish euro per metre (fitted inc vat). Might just go for it. Thanks for your help/suggestions.
    Cheers
    Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's quite popular in Holland. Some friends of ours had it done in a pattern of their own design. Contrary to what you might think it was quite warm under foot, not cold at all. Not my cup of tea though, I must admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

my brother has is in his new house

apparently very happy with it

not that we talk much since the .....incident :)

Advertisement