Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPP cashier question

Options
  • 29-05-2005 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭

I knew that the money in ones poker account was the same as their sports book money but i've just noticed that the amount of $$$ has changed because of a change in the exchange rate.

I know the excahnge rate can change in both directions but is it possible/intended to have the poker money seperate from the sports book money and kept in dollars (Something like what happens in Ladbrokes)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

Hiya Imp. It is kept in both your currency and USD. USD balance as all games and tournaments are advertised in $. It is not seperate but gives you an indication of your balance in the currency in which all games are played. As the default for the games are in USD currency and the exchange rates fluctuate we must also fluctuate and reflect this in the $ currency displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Hiya Imp. It is kept in both your currency and USD. USD balance as all games and tournaments are advertised in $. It is not seperate but gives you an indication of your balance in the currency in which all games are played. As the default for the games are in USD currency and the exchange rates fluctuate we must also fluctuate and reflect this in the $ currency displayed.
    But is it possible to have the account in dollars where the amount doesn't change with the exchange rates? (Instead you get hit by the exchange rates when cashing out or depositing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Personally I would prefer to have them as two linked but seperate accounts. So you can do transfers between them but they are not both dipping into the same funds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

Imposter wrote:
    But is it possible to have the account in dollars where the amount doesn't change with the exchange rates? (Instead you get hit by the exchange rates when cashing out or depositing)
    Not necesarily hit Imp as the exchange rate fluctuates both up and down. And not I am afraid not because your account is in the currency that you are in EUR / GBP only Poker is played using currency USD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Not necesarily hit Imp as the exchange rate fluctuates both up and down. And not I am afraid not because your account is in the currency that you are in EUR / GBP only Poker is played using currency USD.
    Hit was the wrong word as I realisie in can go in either direction but I think you know what i mean. As for keeping them in the home currency I rarely use the sports book (to the extent of only around 100€ per year - mostly to PP's profits :)) whereas with poker i'd sit down with 100$ in a cash game. As Waylander said, any chance of getting them seperate with something like what ladbrokes have done?

• Advertisement
Advertisement