Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: The Others (*Mucho spoilerific*)

Options
  • 29-05-2005 4:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

On my walk home tonight I was having a wonder about the others as you do on a drunken walk home...

Anyways... I was thinking they concievably live on a boat offshore and the boat we saw in Exodus 3 is just a way of them pottering around...

This theory is supported by the fact that Ethan or whoever came in and killed Scott (or Steve :)) came from the sea...

It's also a good explanation for the use of the Black Smoke. It's a signal they'd be able to see from far out at sea and would explain why it signals that they're coming...

Anyways... anyone else have any theories on what the beef with the Others is?

I require sleep...

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Or another island?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Hmm... nice theory...

This'd account for a possible way for the tail section survivors to have landed somewhere different

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

+ you also have the power/comms cable going from the sea to somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Interesting...but I am thinking,was Ethan even one of the others? The flash Claire had was from her kidnapping,right? So it implied that Rosseau kidnapped Claire because she had been hearing the others whisper about "the boy",and she wanted to exchange it for her kid. So was Ethan therefore not working for Rosseau? One of her crew that had become infected?

But lets not dismiss the importance of Claire's baby now that we know Walt is who the others wanted,Claire's flashback implies her child is important as the psychic put her on the plane knowing it would crash as the baby had to be raised by Claire. So Aaron must still be important in some way,

LOL,I havn't thought this much about a TV show since Carnivale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i think that Rosseau rescued claire from ethan rather than kidnapping her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

really? umm...im sure I see that tbh,but anything is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I agree that Rosseau probably saved Claire from Ethan because Ethan was obviously insane or had whatever disease Rosseau killed the other members of her crew over...

It doesn't seem likely that she'd trust Ethan to work with her...

She probably rescued Claire just so she could come and take the baby when it's born

• Registered Users Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭Basq

steveland? wrote:
    She probably rescued Claire just so she could come and take the baby when it's born
    I was thinking the same thing... was about to write in this theory! :D

Advertisement