Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's computer truck ?

Options
  • 29-05-2005 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

What was the name of that 1980's 'computer' truck thingy ?

It was a large toy truck with buttons on the top which you would press and it would go in different directions.
    I recall that it cost c.£70-80 in the mid-80's and it was 'The' toy to have when it first came out.

My cousin got one for christmas, but it was too expensive for me *sob* :(:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Silvera wrote:
    What was the name of that 1980's 'computer' truck thingy ?

It was a large toy truck with buttons on the top which you would press and it would go in different directions.
    I recall that it cost c.£70-80 in the mid-80's and it was 'The' toy to have when it first came out.

My cousin got one for christmas, but it was too expensive for me *sob* :(:D

I don't believe! I had that.... It was called "Big-Trax" by MB. It has a calculator style touchpad on the top and it has a blue flasher light in front and an annoying alarm with it. :) I had it when I was 8 I guess... must have been 1982-84 thereabouts. This the one???
    http://users2.ev1.net/~rik1138/MB/BigTrak.htm

Wow... I just googled now and I haven't seen in oooh 20 years! :o:)
    I had the white version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah it's Big Trak you're after. Another thread with links here if you're interested http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=141380

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Thats it !

Thanks guys. I'm not looking to get one, just wondering what it was called/looked like.

Cheers,
    Silvera.

Advertisement