Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinks are being drugged.

Options
  • 28-05-2005 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

just to warn everyone, whether from Limerick or not, there's something going on in the pubs you all should know about. People's drinks are being drugged, with, I believe, a view to robbing them later, either personally or their homes.

I know this because a friend of mine, and the person he was with, where both drugged by drinks tampered with in a Limerick bar. They could barely remember what happened, and only worked out later that they where drugged.

Just for the record: I'm a Dubliner, I've nothing against Limerick, it's a city I like very much. I was surprised this goes on there, it probably happens in Dublin too, although I've never heard about it.

The purpose of my post is simply to say don't leave your drink unattended while in any pub in any city.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah unfortuantly this is a big problem across the country, its important everyone keeps an eye on there drinks (or steers away from alcohol), there is/was an ad compaign that the goverment or some org had running on the issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oracle wrote:

The purpose of my post is simply to say don't leave your drink unattended while in any pub in any city.

...In any country. Happened to me in the States in an Irish pub, I think. Not very nice. Thank god my friend was with me.

And happened a mate's friend in Tenerife.

Be careful..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

A good tip to avoid this is to avoid buying drink in bottles. namely the green or brown glass bottles. That way you can see if the colour of the drink has changed or if the drink is cloudy or has bits of powder or something in them easier if they are in a glass rather than in a bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

...That way you can see if the colour of the drink has changed.

If I'm going drinking on my own - which usually happens when on foreign holidays - I simply won't leave the bottle (or pint glass) out of my hand, even to the extent of putting the bottle into my shirt pocket if I need to visit the loo! Mind you, a mighty big shirt pocket is needed sometimes. :) This is one good reason to find a trustworthy drinking companion!

Another risk minimisation technique is to turn down any offers to finish off a drink someone else has left behind, with a polite "thanks, but it's ok, I'll buy a fresh drink / my own drink." If I haven't witnessed it being poured from the tap, or opened by the bartender, I won't drink it.

Advertisement