Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Ordered ..

Options
  • 28-05-2005 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

these :

A Short History of Nearly Everything
    Freakonomics : A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
    Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas

off of Amazon.com ( about $60 including del )

Anyone read any of these already? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Read the first one, twice actually. Really enjoyed it, although I do like my science.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah the Bryson one is excellent. And I do like my science too but anyone with half an interest in anything should find it enthralling too. Although I spotted a couple of errors in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Do tell!

Or are they just differing theories?

Thought it lost its flow towards the end with mankind but I think that was just as a result of such a lack of conclusive evidence and theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The one bit that I remember as being wrong was when he said that all known specimans of the thylocine were destroyed. Granted they are extinct but he said the last known speciman was thrown on a fire but if you click here you can see a picture of TCD's speciman (stuffed) which is kept in the zoology museum (it's the brown creature in the background, not the woman or the bird lol). I remember thinking that other things were wrong as regards names and dates but I could be wrong myself. But I've been right up close to that thylocine so I know there's at least one left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Short History is very good, I liked it but I usually enjoy science and history books.

• Advertisement
Advertisement