Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Oasis Album - Listen on oasisinet.com

• 28-05-2005 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone is interested, you can listen to the whole of the new Oasis album on their website... good quality as well..

Enjoy

http://www.oasisinet.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

....and NME.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sucks tbh barely 2 decent songs on it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

'The importance of being idle' and 'Let there be love' are both amazing. You cannot deny that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Let there be "love is a heap" of pure sh1te-as is the WHOLE GODDAM ALBUM, sorry bungalow bill but i have to disagree......its woefull, been listening to that all day today (previews in shop)....its dire...a truly, truly dire album.

Eugh what next, Jordan going up for the Eurovision...sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I suppose if you listened to them and don't like them I can't argue with that. I just think that those two in particular are actually pretty special songs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Didnt like one track on album and have heard it quite a lot in last few weeks.

Starting to irritate me now, liked 1st 2 albums 2 of the best ever made but this is bad.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

People are entitled to their opinion but i think that you are being a bit harsh on the album... i think its pretty good... best in a while..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'm listening now, it's actually fairly good. I've been waiting for a good oasis album for a good while now, and it looks like they've sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

It's gotten good reviews in nme, the indo, irish times and the guardian. I reckon it's their best album in ten years.

A lot of people are just sick of Oasis though, especially after the **** on standing on the shoulders - what a terrible album. This new one has seven or eight very good songs on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Anyone saying the new Oasis album is load of sh*te is talking absolute nonsense. It's a good solid 7/10 album just like the underrated Heathen Chemistry.

As a huge Oasis fan I ideally would have liked the album to be more rockier and edgy but saying that despite the album being the most Stones, Beatles, Who inspired album Oasis have made to date. The reviews I've read have been extremely positive (no, not NME reviews where they give 9/10 for any album released by a British band) and they have been proven right. It is an extremely confident, mature album with many fine moments on it. This was how S.O.T.S.O.G. should have been. I'm relieved Oasis took so long ot make the album as ''The Meaning of the Soul'' and ''A Bell Will Ring'' have improved beyond recognition since Glastonbury. Personal favourites of mine are Mucky Fingers, Lyla, The Meaning of the Soul, The Importance of Being Idle, Part of the Queue, Keep the Dream Alive , A Bell Will Ring and Let There Be Love.

Of course there is an Oasis bashing element that is on Boards so I'm expecting the knitted jumper wearing Indie gimps to come on going on about how Oasis are ''soooo sh*te.''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Wasn't expecting much - but must say I am pleasently surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

After 3 listens ''Don't Believe The truth'' is really growing on me even more. For the 1st time I think Liam is begining to outdo Noel as a songwriter. Its an album that is just perfect for listening while walking through a busy built up city. Fine stuff, defintiely their best since ''Whats the Story Morning Glory'' but they will still never top ''Definitely Maybe.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

For the 1st time I think Liam is begining to outdo Noel as a songwriter''

Never thought i'd say it about Noel, but i have to agree with you there.
    "Love like a Bomb" and "Guess God thinks i'm able" are the best album tracks.
    But, Noel did write "Lyla" which is pure class and the obvious choise for first single.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Okay if you dont like the album fair enough but I hate people who slag of oasis just because they have been around for a while and arent that "hip". very few bands out there have proved themselves by producing good music as long as oasis have and lets face it if a new band with a "The" in front of there name released dont believe the truth they would be hailed as the saviours of modern rock and roll music.
    But when the crazy forg gets to no.1 what do you expect? :rolleyes:

Advertisement