Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many CSI spin offs?

Options
  • 27-05-2005 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have to say I love the 'original' CSI set in LV: but all these extra ones in Miami and New York? i hate David Caruso - he always seems to be crying all the time.

for anyone interested in Forensics there is a new course starting in Sligo IT: must contact admissions directly

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I think there is and I don't think there's enough of a difference between them either. The Law & Order franchises are each sufficiently different in their tackling of matters so I think it works better (Trial By Jury was the least different and that's the one that failed). From what I remember, the series producer reckoned he could have a different CSI for every night of the week - and I'm not sure he was joking...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

They could have done without New york,but Miami is far better than Vegas. I cant stand the guy who plays Grissom. he has one bland expression on his face and it never changes. Marg Helgenberger or whatever her name is looks like her face is falling off...:D and its just not great.

Caruso is cool,and honestly,he never cries in the show so I dont know where you got that from. I like that Horatio is half cop,half CSI scientist. Grissom is a nerd who likes bugs and doesnt even carry a gun.I also like the setting of Miami rather than Vegas. It always seems to be night time in CSI,while its daytime in Miami eps.

Just my opinion...that been said I don think the CSIs are as good as they are made out to be,as Bruckheimer produced shows go,I think Without a Trace and Cold Case are far superior to the CSIs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There was a Píss take on Lenny Henrys news tonight.... ammusing.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Lump wrote:
    ....Lenny Henrys..........ammusing.
    John
    [sic]

Two things you rarely see together in the same sentence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Dr. Dre wrote:
    [sic]

Two things you rarely see together in the same sentence :D

Haha, harsh ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TT&TO

tvnutz wrote:
    They could have done without New york,but Miami is far better than Vegas. I cant stand the guy who plays Grissom. he has one bland expression on his face and it never changes. Marg Helgenberger or whatever her name is looks like her face is falling off...:D and its just not great.

Caruso is cool,and honestly,he never cries in the show so I dont know where you got that from. I like that Horatio is half cop,half CSI scientist. Grissom is a nerd who likes bugs and doesnt even carry a gun.I also like the setting of Miami rather than Vegas. It always seems to be night time in CSI,while its daytime in Miami eps.

Just my opinion...that been said I don think the CSIs are as good as they are made out to be,as Bruckheimer produced shows go,I think Without a Trace and Cold Case are far superior to the CSIs.

Two things; i accept your opinion on David Caruso, however grissom indeed carries a gun; if you had seen the very first episode from the very first season where the virgin CSI is murdered on her very first night on the job, then you would see the point in CSIs carrying weapons for their defense on crime scenes!

secondly, it always seems to be night-time in Vegas because Grissom and co. are the CSIs for the NIGHTSHIFT...sorry about being a stickler ;)

actually I havnt seen the episodes where they are split into day and night shifts.but it doesnt really matter to be the reason why it is at night time,i just prefer the brighter sunny Miami stuff! lol :D

and Grissom did carry a gun at the start,but he doesnt anymore. I remember an episode where they entered a house with a dead guy and Brass asks him does he have a gun,which he doesnt. And I havnt seen him with one since.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

imho VL has to be the best of the lot but while Miami is older then New York I got to see I much preffer New York.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

TT&TO wrote:
    for anyone interested in Forensics there is a new course starting in Sligo IT: must contact admissions directly

Don't forget people, unlike the TV shows you do have to wear white suits & gloves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

I prefere the original CSI aswell. I used to like Miami, but the dialogue was a real turn-off. Too many punchlines.

• Advertisement

Well personally I cant wait for next season,some good stuff happens,I dont look up spoilers,I learned these these things by accident! lol
    One of the CSI's is killed of in the first ep of season 3,and apparantly Horatio's brother is alive and there are some interesting stories with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

I dunno...I just think Miami is far better,Horatio is a far better character and the individual stories are better. :rolleyes:

Advertisement