Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date My Daughter....

Options
  • 27-05-2005 7:08pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

I saw this "show" this afternoon on UTV called Date My Daughter has anyone else seen it? It is so bad words cannont describe it. A guy has to go on dates with 3 girls mothers then choose the one whose daughter he wants to date! It is daytime tv at its worst!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Romo

You think that's bad. This actually made it onto SKY One for one episode.

http://www.uelsu.net/main/FUEL/tv

"Mums and daughters wanted for exciting new dating TV show

Calling single mums and daughters -do you go for the same men? Do you go on the pull together? Are you best mates? Do you give each other dating advice? Have you ever fallen out over a man? Are you dating rivals?

We're looking for single yummy mummies and their luscious daughters for a series that pits mothers and daughters against each other in a fun new dating TV series.

If you're a mother and daughter who are up for the challenge of going head to head to win the affections of a dream date ? you could be just who we're looking for.

If you're both single, outgoing and over 18 please call us for more information. Contact Jess tel:"

I *cough* saw it and it was pretty clear that the guy had been intimate with both of them on his separate dates. I think the Broadcasting Standards Board got the series pulled after the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I saw this "show" this afternoon on UTV called Date My Daughter

[snooty]I think it's great.[/snooty]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

saw an ad for it
    saw an old woman sitting on a young mans lap saying
    "oh my god, my daughter is going to be so mad"

*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Mordeth wrote:
    saw an ad for it
    saw an old woman sitting on a young mans lap saying
    "oh my god, my daughter is going to be so mad"

*shudder*
    You sure ya weren't just looking into the kitchem Mordi?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Romo wrote:
    If you're both single, outgoing and over 18 please call us for more information. Contact Jess tel:"

Jaysus i can just imagine the people who get onto this. Two scouser birds with the mam
    "Yeah, me daughtaz ayteen, and am twennynine, and were both fcukin gaggin for it"

Did you know daytime television is deliberately made bad to encourage slightly more intelligent people like myself to go out and find work? I was off college a while back, February i think it was. There i am watchin Ricki ****in Lake, about to see the results of yet another DNA test
    **** sake, these US shows, every guest is either some rough and ready burly redneck called Jefferson and his either slim and blonde sluttily attractive bird Crystal, or his ginormous piece Amber
    If they arent the country set, its a jive talkin 17 year old homeboy about to father his 4th kid since the age of 13 (and the mothers of the children always seem to be 13 too)

"So Trayvon, how long have you been sexually active?"
    "Yo Rcki I bin handlin my biznizz since I was a lil shorty 10 year old nahmean wurd!"
    "Do you use contraception?"
    "Nah man i aint down wit dat sh1t, aint natural man!"
    "So its highly likely you are the father of LaToyas baby?"
    "Sh1t i aint the daddy! All my homeboyz bin up in dat bitch, wurd?"

Sweet jaysus, you can honestly feel your brain losing weight watching this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Romo

The programme I saw was called "The Real Mrs Robinson" and the people behind it were Talkbackthames TV who usually make good stuff, Bo Selecta, The Bill etc. But this was rubbish and more than a little seedy.

http://www.talkbackthames.tv/page.asp?partid=270

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Romo wrote:
    I *cough* saw it and it was pretty clear that the guy had been intimate with both of them on his separate dates. I think the Broadcasting Standards Board got the series pulled after the first episode.
    You mean that to typedef the her ma is what your meant to do? :D

Advertisement