Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mork & Mindy

Options
  • 27-05-2005 2:59pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

ok I am showing my age here, but the tv show I grew up on, Mork & Mindy...
    I cant remember the name of the planet mork was from...any help?

Shazbot!
    Nanu nanu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Morc from Orc

And yeah, it shows you're OOOOOOOLD, cause this show came out in the 70's!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

hehehe, ya thats right! I couldnt remember because the senility is setting in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Sorry for taking over your thread, but since this is about Mork and Mindy...

this is being wrecking my head and yes im too lazy to use google
    whats the actress that played mindy, was a question at a pub quiz and I dont think anyone knew it, including me obviously!

And a true Mork and Mindy fan should know it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Morc calling orson.. Morc calling orson.. come in orson :D

great show! I always thought his jumper was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Mork calling Orson.. come in television forum.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

na noo na noooo

Mindy is one of the sexiest birds ever. I fancied her since I was about 4,still do...

Exador (sp) - Man Exador was coool, wot a friut

remember when Mork laid an egg?

Robin Williams coked outta his bin, you'd never tell

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Pam Dawber who married the gorgeous Mark Harmon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

thanks for that, your obviously a true Mork and Mindy fan! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I saw Mork & Mindy Season 1 on DVD while in the US last month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

There was a full page feature about Pam Dawber in the Sunday Indo mag a few weeks ago.

Apparently she thought she would hit the big time with Mork & Mindy, but Robin Williams stole the limelite !

She has done a few 'for tv' films since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Morc from Orc

And yeah, it shows you're OOOOOOOLD, cause this show came out in the 70's!

Latinbeat, you should've that you grew up in the early 90's when the show was repeated, I think on Network 2, right?? Or it could have been Channel 4.

Yes, I read that article too about Pam Dawber. She was definately pushed to the side. Ah well...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

ehh nope larianne, I didnt watch it in the 90's/ I watched it when it was on air originally ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

LATIN BEAT wrote:
    ehh nope larianne, I didnt watch it in the 90's/ I watched it when it was on air originally ;)

oh I know, but it could have saved showing your age! Well that's if it bothers ya like. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

juno75 wrote:
    na noo na noooo

Mindy is one of the sexiest birds ever. I fancied her since I was about 4,still do...

Exador (sp) - Man Exador was coool, wot a friut

remember when Mork laid an egg?

Robin Williams coked outta his bin, you'd never tell

Mork's son, Meart was played by Jonathan Winters. A very funny guy - deadpan humour worked well against Williams.

Used to love watching this show. Was on a Friday evening just before "Man from Atlantis". A classic.

Yeah, I used to be in lurve with Mindy as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I vaguely remember that show. I watched it in the 90s. Something about a guy with a.. red space suit thing? I must've been about 5 when I saw it.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Daelus wrote:
    I vaguely remember that show. I watched it in the 90s. Something about a guy with a.. red space suit thing? I must've been about 5 when I saw it.
    :D

You MUSt have heard of Robin Williams! :)

Good link for the show:
    http://www.sitcomsonline.com/morkandmindy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I remember Mork & Mindy well. Naanoo Naanoo...... oh shazbot! :D

One of the scenes I remember very well was Mork finding out that birds come from eggs so he gets an egg from the fridge, throws it up into the air and shouts "FLY! BE FREE!", only for it to fall down out of the air and crack open on the kitchen counter. That scene always cracked me up, pardon the pun! :D

And remember when they'd be driving in Mindy's jeep and Mork would be in the passenger seat "sitting" on his head with his legs sticking straight up in the air out the top of it? That was so funny to see. No wonder Robin Williams was so nuts on that show, that's what sitting on your head all the time will do to you, I guess. That and all the drugs he was whacked out on at the time! :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think it was not too long ago (maybe a year or so) rerun on one of the satellite/cable channels, think it was Paramount.

Advertisement