Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 hard disk

Options
  • 27-05-2005 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Usual questions

I have the network adaptor and hard disk.. does anyone have any experience using these, problem pitfalls, where did you get the loader from?. Any porblems with playing games online?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

ps2 has no really good online games, sould av saved urslef the bother and bought an xbox, thats if u dont already have one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Nice one!! Using a HD with the PS2 is class. It practically eliminates ingame loading, allows you to play imports and you can even get 'free' games(if your that way inclined;))

There's some other advantadges too, your laser lasts longer, your disks don't get ruined and best of all, you never have to change disks again!

I got my kit from these guys, and I know a good few people who have too.

Make sure you read the FAQs on the main site and if you have any questions, email them or ask on their forum, because the HDA is not compatible with some of the earlier versions of the big PS2.

Then do a bit of Googling to find out more on how to backup/patch your games.

And enjoy(you won't believe how you put up with loading before, even in short loads like ProEvo4 and GTA:SA is a completely different game when played from the HDD!)

I don't work for these guys, but if they want to send me some free stuff for pimping them, PM ME PLZ!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

excellent, thanks, have just ordered the software, sure i can pick up a hard disk someplace (thinking or lidl/aldi). would be great to play games like stuntman withuout the load times. The load times in stuntman make it pretty much unplayable

ps2 has no really good online games, sould av saved urslef the bother and bought an xbox, thats if u dont already have one...

ps2 V's X-box.. Hmm think that has been pretty much argued to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

But only until you start to look at it from a technicle side.

• Advertisement

so the x-box is better/easier to mod than the ps2?

happy enough with the ps2, no driving desire to buy a x-box, and yes will probably wait until the ps3 comes out rather than buy the x-box 360, but just my personal opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

xbox is easier to mod, and you can do more stuff, but both consoles are different, and i for one, will buy both the ps3 and xbox360, but LIVE on the 360 should be sweeeet.

edmund_f wrote:
    excellent, thanks, have just ordered the software, sure i can pick up a hard disk someplace (thinking or lidl/aldi). would be great to play games like stuntman withuout the load times. The load times in stuntman make it pretty much unplayable
    L O L!!

Unfortunately Stuntman is one of the few games that the HDD doesn't help, I was well pissed when I found out; it helps a bit, but nowhere near as much as the likes of GTA:SA. That'll seem like a new game when you try it!

The XBox can do more, but in fairness the PS2 HDD is worth getting regardless, imo, for all the reasons above, and the fact that the PS2 has the best games of this gen, and if you do sort this out you should 'aquire' Katamari Damacy and smile:]

And to all the XBox3rs, this is a thread about the PS2 I believe, go be fanbois somewhere else.

why does it not help?... stuntman has huge load times, and that is the worst part of the game, the constant loading each time

Yeah, I know, it just seems that Stuntman is a badly designed game, 'tis a pity that the HDD doesn't help much, because if it weren't for the shiitty load times the game seems to be a fairly cheesey fun title.

But as I say, you'll notice it in so many other games, even ones you didn't think had long load times at all!

• Advertisement

well the h dloader is ordered, will let you know how i get on.. looks deceptivly simple..

Nice! It is a piece of piss... as long as you can read and follow the instructions:)

The only problems I've heard of are with peoples PC setups, but there are so many FAQs and all you should be grand.

do not doubt it, only thing i am worried about is that things designed for idiots usually require an idiot to use them

haha, no it's not that easy to set up now:)

But it isn't immpossible!

The biggest problem is transfering your games to the HD, and especially the DL ones which require a patch(ie GT4 and GodOfWar) but as I said there are tons of FAQs for it.

Don't forget to tell us how ye get on with it!

Advertisement