Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for a TV program

Options
  • 27-05-2005 12:37pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok people, i have an idea for a program which i think would be pretty cool, so if any production companies wanna give me some royalties, feel free.

Ok, so we've had cookery programs in the past with high faluting cooks making some complex dishes. Its then gone to the Jamie's and Nigella's of the world who cook stuff from home in a casual sort of way, but still produce big dishes.

My idea would be to have a cookery program for dopes in the kitchen comprising of a lot more smaller dishes in one show as opposed to 2 or 3 main dishes. Really simple stuff like making those curry noodles in a packet, or scrambled eggs with the butter and milk. Each item might only take a few minutes but you could cover a lot of ground quite quickly.

You could then turn it up a notch by showing simple dinner recipies. I find myself eating the same 4 to 5 dishes for dinner all the time because there easy to make and they are the ones i know, stuff like lasagne, stirfrys, caesar salads. I reckon most people would try more suff if they realised how easy they are to make, which would be the point of the show. Regular every day dishes as opposed to dinner party meals, while also including quickly cooked snack food.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Delia Smith did this a few years ago. Albeit with better ingredients (not packet curry noodles!). She kept it simple, though .... the target audience were the kind of people who burn cornflakes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Ah you fool! Giving your ideas away for free on the internet. I am a bigtime television executive and now I am going to steal your idea and make a fortune from it!

Moooooohahahhahaha!

(Let that be a lesson to you)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Didn't Delia do this 20 years ago, lets be 'aving you

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

But Delia didn't have microwaves, and back then most people had a lot more time on there hands.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

back then most people had a lot more time on there hands.

In 1998?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

bazH wrote:
    Didn't Delia do this 20 years ago, lets be 'aving you
    buffybot wrote:
    in 1998?
    I was basing my reply on the first statement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

She did, and the BBC are repeating them. Wasn't the naked chef based on the same idea?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

yes but he said b4 that that was too difficult! i know what he is saying I cook the same stuff too (little cleaning, little time)! But i dont know if i would sit down and watch a tv programme telling me more stuff! It just wouldnt appeal to this age bracket i would say! (y cook quickly, if u have time to watch a program giving u more quick recipies)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

To be honest, if you can't make packet noodles, you shouldnt be allowed near an oven.

I can cook a lot, including packet noodles, although recently i found how to do them in the microwave, as opposed to me always boiling them.

Anyway it was just a thought aimed at the people who really have no clue how to make anything. Theres a guy in work here who recently moved into a new house from living with his mother. When i say he can't make anything i mean pot noodle would be a challenge to him. Mind you, if i'm ever invited over to dinner, i know it'll be the finest chinese takeaway. mmmm.......chinese.

• Advertisement
Advertisement