Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronicles of narnia

Options
  • 27-05-2005 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Who didn't LOVE this book as a child?? I wonder will the film be any good, I saw the trailer the other day and it looked visually beautiful!

I read these books over and over when I was a kid. I think I might just have to get them out again! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭wasted_winter

I read these books over and over when I was a kid. I think I might just have to get them out again! :)

I know!!! I'm thinking the exact same thing!

Over the past two years I've made up a list of kids books that I wanted to read again - I've just ordered a load of books to get me through the beginning of summer - but I think I'm going to stock up on my list of kids books... mid/late summer will be the perfect time for reading them...

Ah... bliss!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I loved these books! I have 'the Lion, the Witch an the Wardrobe' and 'the Silver Chair' on video! actually.... a friend borrowed them, never gave them back... *goes to hunt down friend!* :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

It's very strange... I can remember reading these books when I was really young but I remember absolutely nothing about them :confused: I've been meaning to read them again for a while now but they're at the end of a long list. *sigh* Will I ever get around to reading everything I want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭humbleCounty

aye, im the same, read them years ago and have forgotten most that went on.

Saw the trailer for the film though, looks good, thats one day of the summer taken care of! (now to find other activities, oh yeah, Glastonbury!, whoooooo)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

As a child?! I still love them now! My grandparents gave me a gorgeous copy of them when I was younger, a hardback volume of all seven books with full-colour illustrations, it's absolutely beautiful. I adore those stories! I don't know how people can say that there's no humour in the books though, I find them hilarious - probably my favourite character from the whole thing is Puddleglum the Marsh-Wiggle from The Silver Chair, he absolutely cracks me up, reminds me of a few people I know! I can't wait for the film to come out, it looks like they've really gone in for the grandeur thing, judging by the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Don't they are extremely childish (yes I know) it's just that when you are a child you don't notice it so much but as an adult they lose some of their sparkle. You just want them to be more mature and darker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Better than "David Gemell sword swinging novel part:200"

maybe, but there's no way it's better than part 203. that kicked ass.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

some of them have cowardly battle weary veterans.

you have to appreciate the scope of his characters.

Advertisement