Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pull start

• 26-05-2005 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

hey, was just messing round with my car and took apart the pulll start.....oops.! is there any way/easy way to get the steel strip back in? ie the whole thing back together? thanks k

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Doh ! :eek:

It is easy with practise .... I guess now would be a good time to get some practise ;)

Hook the inner sharp end over the pulley notch and work towards the other end .... while at the same time keeping it all from popping out again.

Have fun and keep us posted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

well.......so far................nothing. every time i get close t wont go in or it goes in but then comes out. do they all have ta be connected to something at both ends or am i just v unfortunate??!

Depends .... a few pullstarts have been made to only be reassembled using a spring insertion tool, soU have to buy a new sealed unit when it comes apart.
    But the vast majority are simple to put back. However, it seems the first few times, that U will need about 2 extra hands to succeed !
    BTW The ease or difficulty of rewinding a pullstart, is one of the features that U won't see listed in the spec by the maker, when they are selling U their model, but an experienced hand would never forget to check out first.
    Which car is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

I found that the best way is to put the spring in then try to add a few extra turns on it with some long nose pliars before seating the hook in the center position. Be carefull not to snapp the hook off as I did, but if you do its not all over, just bend in a new hook and start again.

coolwings wrote:
    Which car is this?
    smarttech heres a link to it- http://www.raidentech.com/rarecorcniga2.html

• Advertisement

Looks like some kinda alternative version of the Carson Stormracer to me.
    Chassis very similar. So many parts will be the same.
    If so, provided the bits are OK, the pullstart is rewindable. :)

coolwings wrote:
    provided the bits are OK, the pullstart is rewindable. :)
    excellent...i was starting to lose hope!!!

So are you up and running again now?

nope, and the truck i bought is giving trouble, goin ta LHS in a bit so hopefully will get all sorted!

Whats the prob?
    Did you get it sorted?

• Advertisement

ah just a tuning job but wanted a pro to do it, that and it had been cutting out on me at random and not starting up again which i figured out to be a problem with the fuel lines so i changed them. buut he'll have it for three days and wont get it back till 2moro so i'm now wishing i'd of done it myself, especially if he charges me.

The problem with tuning is that its only good for the day its done. If the weather changes and it gets colder or hotter then you will want to re tweek to get the best out of the engine.
    Also if you change fuel types then you will also have to re tune so make sure that he is tuning it using the same fuel as you are going to run with.

Advertisement