Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Pub on Henry Street

Options
  • 26-05-2005 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been in there yet, what is the beer like?

Was reading about it in wednesdays leader and the article said that locals thought the polish beer was stronger than Irish beer.

It is located accross the road from The Corner Flag where Patrick's once was.

one more thing, what are the prices like in there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I was in there yesterday, it's ok. Myself and my friends were the only Irish people there, it was all eastern Europeans and all the music was Polish and so was everything on the tv.

I had a bottle of some Polish stuff, it was 7% and quite nice, can't remember the name though and I don't know about the price either cos I didn't buy the round. I do know that Guinness is €3.50 (saw the price list) which is good for a city pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

How about the women? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

They said they would like to do polish light snacks in the future! Polish type sandwiches or something, hope they do... get a real feel for the polish culture!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

How about the women? :rolleyes:

There was all of one there, the barmaid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Most of the polish beer is about 7-8% and slightly more expensive than an average pint here, always a crew outside smoking with a fatal lack of women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

been open for a few weeks now hows it doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 veedonfleece

Okocim Mocne (black label) is the 7.5% stuff. It's a type of malt liquor. But they're out of it, as of last night. They still have the green label (5.5%).
    Both are sold for EUR3.90, thus the black label is better value for those looking to get 'locked'.
    It's pronounced 'oh-koh-CHEEM'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

1huge1 wrote:
    been open for a few weeks now hows it doing?

I think its been a polish bar for a bit longer then a few weeks.
    polish people have been there a few years just done it up a
    few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

No, I polish guy only bought it a few months back... then he opened it as a polish bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

Will it be open for much longer? I heard that there are usually a few fist thrown around in there? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

you hear that from a mate down the pub :D

Advertisement