Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom, organise a drinkies night

Options
  • 26-05-2005 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

There's a lot of players here i'd like to put a face to a name. How about we all meet up for pints say Sunday in the evening. or some other time.

i'm off work Monday so I'd be up for buying a round (one that is, a small one, say 2 drinks and a glass of shandy)
    how about the pub on baggot st. by the fitz.
    anyway, justa thought, don't hold me to it.
    D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Great thought ...little notice ...how about waiting until weekend after ? ... 3/4/5 June ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

'tis a good idea. I like booze. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

i'll be the sober one in the fitz waiting for you all to stumble into the 50 game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

any time, any place, anywhere, thats martini.

bet u youngsters dont remember that ad!

anyway.... pick another night, i'll most likely be around this sunday for a few anyway. i'll leave it to the majority, i.e three drinkers and niall with his fifty game ready to go.
    i'm drunk now and off to bed! adios, d

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'd be well on for it some Sunday night...Tuesday afternoon....whatever. Good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

bank holiday weekend wouldnt be good for me but any other time would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

Weekend after next Friday or Sunday?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm in the north west to run the NW Championships this week but I'll hop to it the weekend after (on the Sunday for the BH Monday to recover I reckon!). Sir, yes sir!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Like Karl I'm away that weekend, would love to meet up with everyone if we could do it midweek or the weekend after the bank holiday maybe.

I've been saving up my bad beat stories for this sort of gathering ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Won't be around the BH weekend either, have to play the dutiful son and visit the folks in G-town. The west coast is the best coast, ya dig? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

I can't make it BH weekend either, folks over visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

BH weekend wouldn't be good what with Ireland vs Israel on the Saturday and Dublin playing the sheepshaggin' Meath on the Sunday. That weekend is going to be one long, sunburn inducing pishup! Weekend after sounds good. Whereabouts? 9c2c?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Whereabouts? 9c2c?
    The Club of Love. There's no place like it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

w/e after would be fine. we can talk about it here...

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    w/e after would be fine. we can talk about it here...

DeV.

Tonight i go beer drinking, i got a great book of the best 500 beers of the world and i'm making it my life's work to drink em all!

tomorrow, est jazz concert in vicar st during and following which beer shall be consumed.

then, Sunday, the freeroll, after which I shall be happy to buy a beer for boards people. i shall be dealing and slighty pissed off for 20 mins having been knocked out in my usual 14th position.
    i havent won a ticket in the freerolls in the past 20! i accept it as my destiny to partly finance freerollers in the big one. congrats to last nights boardie winners, 5,500! nice

so if ur around, say hello, i'm the handsome, intensely clever one probably dealing. roryc, ocallaigh, all the Drogheda tourney lads i met, and anyone else who reads this, come along, give me 20 mins to get over my defeat and then ask for the beer (one per customer) promised here.

if u have a sister aged 21-34 bring her along. must not be critical of games of chance.

cheers des.

(management reserves the right to refuse to buy promised beer)

by the way, my apologies if iignored anyone who said hello to me in the Fitz. I'm shortsighted and usually steaming from a bad call by me. please don't take it personally (except devore, i HATE him so very much)

have a good weekend. i will. and now off to la pub s'il vous plait!

p.s. i don't hate tom, i just keep getting bad beats from him, oh god i hate him so very much........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Jazz....nice...
    jazznice.jpg

lafortezza wrote:
    Jazz....nice...
    jazznice.jpg

brilliant picture, hilarious. i've saved it to use it as a screen saver. funnily enough thats exactly what i look like, except my medallion is slightly bigger.
    there'll be a few of them around tonight alright :D

Advertisement