Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool FC

Options
  • 26-05-2005 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

No, I'm not a Liverpool fan, in fact (hang head) I'm a Nottingham Forest Fan since 1977 when I was a six year old....I'll start a thread on suicide if you want !

1.) Without doubt, IMHO, this was the greatest comeback of all time as regards football, considering the opposition, the title on the line, the score at half time, and all the other things.....great stuff, great TV

2.) It was good to see a decent manger (man) win the cup... an honourable man, football at heart, turn things around by hook or by crook (or luck).... I'm sick of whingy Wenger and Crab faced Alex

3.) My recent introduction to Poker has served me well. In the Jacks at half time, fellahs offers me 50/1 on Liverpool to win (3-0 down) . I've no emotional attachment, I ensure any possible extra time and penalties are included in the bet, and I think the pot odds are too good to refuse.
    Out slaps a tenner ...... :D

Walk on, Walk On ....... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Sweet! Nice one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Hold your head up high Culchie, for I too am a mighty Nottingham forest fan. Since I was 5 in 1976 :D . Jeez am I that old now?

Like a great pheonix a red beast will arise from the flames and claim it's rightful place at the pinnacle of world football.

'we've got the whole world in our hands' - best football song ever !!!

Well done all you fake scousers though, cracking comeback. Cocky Italian's deserved being brought down a peg or three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

im guessing no one here has posting rights on the soccer board. In fairness though, not an LFC fan.....but what a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

But wouldn't it be funny if they can't defend their trophy (even though they are allowed keep it) next season :D

Arsenal supporter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Shortstack wrote:
    Hold your head up high Culchie, for I too am a mighty Nottingham forest fan. Since I was 5 in 1976 :D . Jeez am I that old now?

No way Dude ! .... Are you on for the clash with Yeovil next year !! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I believe Muso is also a Forest fan. Great win for Liverpool, and I would have given you 50-1 at half time too Culchie, I htought they were dead and buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Shortstack wrote:

Like a great pheonix a red beast will arise from the flames and claim it's rightful place at the pinnacle of world football.

'we've got the whole world in our hands' - best football song ever !!!

Well done all you fake scousers though, cracking comeback. Cocky Italian's deserved being brought down a peg or three.

Richest club in England and back to back European champions to Division 3 of the domestic league in 25 years. Step forward Nottingham Forest for the worst run football club in the world award.

has to be some sort of record surely?

Sorry I started this thread now.

Gone off topic now altogether .....

David Platt ..... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭crang

Up The Pool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

okidoki987 wrote:
    But wouldn't it be funny if they can't defend their trophy (even though they are allowed keep it) next season :D

Arsenal supporter!

I honestly could not care less if they get in next season, or even win another match. That was the greatest night ever. I went through every emotion. Got about fifty texts at half time, course had to respond in kind after game. Brilliant. I was at semi at Anfield, just pissed off now that I didn't go over.
    Surgery planned for Sat to remove smile from face :D

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote:

It's exactly this sort of Bull Shyte rules that have ruined soccer in the first place ...TV money, Branding, Imagery ....

If it were Man Utd or Real Madrid in this position, there would be no discussion or argument on the matter.

Having said that, Liverpool won the Champions League (and I'm delighted for them), without being Champions of anything.

Man Utd has been the most commercial club on the planet over the last 15 years, football being incidental to the corporate activities, selling shirts, media rights etc.... and now they've got a taste of the other side of things with Glazier taking them over, and will run them like a fecking Playstation fantasy football game.

It's this type of world that has sent clubs like Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, (remember them Div 1 1970's) and all the regional teams into a terminal state of decline. .... (and fecking eejeets like David Platt :mad: )

The whole thing is going the same way as Boxing .... rotten to the core, and down the tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Culchie wrote:
    Sorry I started this thread now.

Gone off topic now altogether .....
    Oh the irony of posting a soccer thread in the poker forum, lol

I know, apologies ...it's taking on a life of it's own.

Culchie wrote:
    It's exactly this sort of Bull Shyte rules that have ruined soccer in the first place ...TV money, Branding, Imagery ....

If it were Man Utd or Real Madrid in this position, there would be no discussion or argument on the matter.

The whole thing is going the same way as Boxing .... rotten to the core, and down the tubes.

Actually it did happen to Real Madrid and the Spanish FA decided to give Real the champions league spot and move the 4th placed team (Real Zaragoza) into the UEFA Cup, the English FA was given the same option and chose to put Everton forward...

Why did the Spanish FA do that ????? .... mucho mucho spondulicks ... so Real Madrid got in anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

careca wrote:
    I honestly could not care less if they get in next season, or even win another match. That was the greatest night ever. I went through every emotion. Got about fifty texts at half time, course had to respond in kind after game. Brilliant. I was at semi at Anfield, just pissed off now that I didn't go over.
    Surgery planned for Sat to remove smile from face :D
    Couldn't agree more, I will see you at the hospital, expecting at least a 5 hour surgery, ears have to be readjusted as well as smile pushed them up to near the top of my head.
    What a night, what a comeback, what hero's .
    Think it is time for another blast of YNWA for the 50th time.
    All together now.
    You'll Never Walk Alone

When you walk through a storm

hold your head up high

And don't be afraid of the dark.

At the end of a storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,

Walk on through the rain,

Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone,

You'll never, ever walk alone.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone,

You'll never, ever walk alone.

or ...

Sign On, Sign On

With a pen in your hand

and you'll never work again

You'll never work again !

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I backed A.C Milan to win in 90mins and stood to win €300. When they went 1-0 up i foolishly had a saver on on the draw @3/1 to secure no loss(unless liverpool won in 90mins!). So you can imagine how good i felt in the end after placing that saver. At 3-0 up i remarked to my brother that 'I just threw away €100 on the draw!'.
    Im a Man U fan since 1984 and IMO if any non liverpool fan was wishing against L'pool watching that then 'You dont like football'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Im a Man U fan since 1984 and IMO if any non liverpool fan was wishing against L'pool watching that then 'You dont like football'.

Fair play rounders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Iago wrote:
    Richest club in England and back to back European champions to Division 3 of the domestic league in 25 years. Step forward Nottingham Forest for the worst run football club in the world award.

has to be some sort of record surely?

Certainly up there. Pro Vercelli won Serie A something like 5 years on the trot. They have been in and out of existence ever since. You may remember we were down in the old third division only 6 years ago. Where our local derby was Macclesfield. And we were knocked out of the first round of the northern section of the LDV Vans Trophy by the mighty Mansfield In Maine Road. Believe me, its going to be an intersting season for you lot down there......

Just to keep this vaguely on topic, if you get in 4 way on the 85 against AK, AQ and 44, you are massive favourite .
    cards     win   %win    lose  %lose    tie  %tie     EV
    8c 5c  321012  29.56  760584  70.03   4412  0.41  0.297
    Ks Ah  290695  26.77  772615  71.14  22698  2.09  0.277
    As Qh  176529  16.25  886781  81.66  22698  2.09  0.172
    4s 4c  275074  25.33  806522  74.26   4412  0.41  0.254

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Certainly up there. Pro Vercelli won Serie A something like 5 years on the trot. They have been in and out of existence ever since. You may remember we were down in the old third division only 6 years ago. Where our local derby was Macclesfield. And we were knocked out of the first round of the northern section of the LDV Vans Trophy by the mighty Mansfield In Maine Road. Believe me, its going to be an intersting season for you lot down there......

Just to keep this vaguely on topic, if you get in 4 way on the 85 against AK, AQ and 44, you are massive favourite .
    8c 5c  321012  29.56  760584  70.03   4412  0.41  0.297
    Ks Ah  290695  26.77  772615  71.14  22698  2.09  0.277
    As Qh  176529  16.25  886781  81.66  22698  2.09  0.172
    4s 4c  275074  25.33  806522  74.26   4412  0.41  0.254

lmfao

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Great win by 'pool. Even coming from a United supporter. What a match! Luke even stopped the clock in the fitz game last night to let us all watch the penelties!!!

Unbelievable comeback!!!

roryc wrote:
    Great win by 'pool. Even coming from a United supporter. What a match! Luke even stopped the clock in the fitz game last night to let us all watch the penelties!!!

Unbelievable comeback!!!

What table were on you on last night Rory?

table 5. then got moved to table 1. I was the one that got about 7 or 8 bad beats! not going in to them now but remember everyone kept shouting when a bad beat came up? that was me EVERY time!!

now do you remember me?

I was on Table 2 all night until the final table formed. heard a lot of commotion alright but didn't see any of the hands in question.

Only a matter of time before it turns around, and it always turns around.

Ah yeh i know! just on a bad streak at the moment! it'll pick up. last week or 2 has just been crazy. Had bullets 4 times lost every time. Had 2 full houses beaten by pokers. KK beaten by 72o etc. I think ive lost nearly every race ive been in. never had a streak this bad. Fcuk it they always end! i'm due some monster luck now!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

JP's not kidding... Check the link for yourself...
    [url]http://twodimes.net/h/?z=973092[/url]
    pokenum  -h 8c 5c  - 4h 4s  - ah kd  - ad qs 
    Holdem Hi: 1086008 enumerated boards
    8c 5c  329894  30.38  753076  69.34   3038  0.28  0.304
    4s 4h  262348  24.16  820622  75.56   3038  0.28  0.242
    Kd Ah  285250  26.27  779743  71.80  21015  1.94  0.272
    Qs Ad  187501  17.27  877492  80.80  21015  1.94  0.182

Its a touch manipulated since I have given it clean outs and no clubs in opponents hands but its quite an eye opener innit! I'm working on a piece at the moment about odds on hands most people dismiss as rank outsiders which are actually decent bets!
    Thats a good one JP!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

DeVore wrote:
    JP's not kidding... Check the link for yourself...

I would not dare to kid about something as serious and important as the 85. Wake up people, this little gem has gone unnoticed for far too long. Next time you pick it up, dont fold it, put in a pot sized raise and watch as the chips come to you.......

Juan Pablo wrote:
    I would not dare to kid about something as serious and important as the 85. Wake up people, this little gem has gone unnoticed for far too long. Next time you pick it up, dont fold it, put in a pot sized raise and watch as the chips come to you.......

I folded 85s twice and 85o once last night, I wasn't proud of it...it felt very akin to folding AA. Sometimes it's the right thing to do...

...but a little part of me died each time I did :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

It was a great night...I am only up about 30min,my head hurts so much.I am a huge Liverpool fan I have been to 9 games this season,but that game last night was one of the best I have ever seen all the lads put in 110% and they wanted it more than AC Milan that was the difference.

I am going to crack open a few cans and watch the lads drive around Liverpool City Center in an open top bus with our European Cup.

ps:if Rafa can win the European Cup with this team Imagen what he can do when he gets a chance to build his own team....

Advertisement