Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads - Again [Slightly OT]

Options
  • 25-05-2005 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

So how long did it take the show to air, from start to finish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

20 minutes? There's very few stations show 20 minutes between ads...

In fact if you look at most American TV shows you get on DVD they're about 22minutes on average total

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think it means the you can't go to an additional ad break unless at least 20 minutes have passed. So an Adbreak 10 minutes into an episode of the simpsons is fine, but if it was some strange hour long episode of the simpsons then they would not be allowed to have another break 10 minutes later again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Still I'd say there's very few stations who stick to those rules/guidelines... no chance it'd make a difference to RTE...

They would have to cop onto themselves though if they wanted to keep viewers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

The real pain in the ass about what rte have done, is the've stooped to the level of tv3 and it's ilk. Let's remember the ridiculously high tv licence we pay to rte. Remember in Britain the BBC, which is funded via their tv licence, have no ads...

Infact what does rte actually offer now above the other corporate channels to make it deserve this money?

The only thing I liked about it was that tge top shows (1 hour long) would used to have 2 ads in between, now they have 3 like all the rest. So it has nothing that seperates it from TV3. And yet every household pays 155euro is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You really can't compare the way the licence fee works for the BBC with how it works for RTÉ. There are nowhere near as many households in Ireland as they have in the UK. The licence fee here would have to be about 10 times higher if they didn't have adverts.

But RTÉ should be made accountable to the same standards for advertising as shown above that the BCI holds TV3 to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Speaking of ads, those O2 Lost ads are really irritating - possibly the most irritating attempt at humour I've ever seen.

Advertisement