Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toight on pokerstars

Options
  • 25-05-2005 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Is there a game toight on pokerstars? 7 or 8 is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

moved to tuesdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

doesn't seem to be one there. I can set one up for 8 if people want.....

Moved to Tuesday? ok nvm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

NickyOD wrote:
    doesn't seem to be one there. I can set one up for 8 if people want.....

Moved to Tuesday? ok nvm
    Set it up!!!

When was it moved, Hector?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

I have set it up for 8, was late getting home tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Right im pushing it now somethings come up... how does 9 sork for anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Damnit, forgot about this last night, and was on Stars for a long while.

I seen you playing too ionapaul. I was stalking mike then went off to do something, came back, seen the window still open, had a look to see how mike was doing and lo and behold here was ionapaul scrapping his way onto the final table for a WSOP ticket. You were might lucky to get that far but congrats on the nice money finish!

Yeah, was VERY lucky at the end but in my defence I played some great poker the first 3 hours of that tournament. There was one hand I might relate for your review.

I was in the top third in chips from the break until the final table, so was in great shape throughout. At one point (maybe 60 players left of 220) I was to the right of the BB, who was sitting out. A very loose, aggressive player in mid position raised 2xBB, it was folded to me in SB, I thought he was trying to steal the undefended BB and called the min raise with 10 5 off. The flop came 5 J 5 rainbow. I checked, he made a very big raise (5 times the pot, probably) for half his stack, I re-raised to put him all in, he thought for a minute and called with QJ for top pair. Out he went, and he stuck around for the next ten minutes to abuse me (much to my amusement and the rest of the table). Considering I had him as a loose player and the BB was sitting out, was I wrong to call the minimum raise with my 10 5 off? He certainly seemed to think so.

I did get to use the 'Shh, I'm counting your chips' line though, which was enjoyable. When he said he'd stick around to tell everyone how bad I was, I replied 'cool, I've got my own internet stalker, I've finally made it'! Which pissed him off even more, it was really great.

lol, i'd have called that with anything too. (i was going to say i'd call with 72o but that's surprise noone :))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Considering I had him as a loose player and the BB was sitting out, was I wrong to call the minimum raise with my 10 5 off?

Probably but the bottom line was you won the hand.
    I did get to use the 'Shh, I'm counting your chips' line though, which was enjoyable. When he said he'd stick around to tell everyone how bad I was, I replied 'cool, I've got my own internet stalker, I've finally made it'! Which pissed him off even more, it was really great.

I'd just say something like "quiet, I'm trying to concentrate as I'M still in the tournie" That ****es them off as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

maybe i missed this but where did you finish paul? did you make the money?

Finished 7th of 220 and made €650 for €63 investment (1 WSOP package, 2nd-7th got €650 and 8th got €580). Covers all of my recent WSOP qualifying attempts and more, thankfully. And I won't feel as bad about handing over some dosh to you tonight for the Fitz ticket :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Well done for getting so far Paul. I went out about 80th when I made an agressive move trying to build chips. It is really annoying, whenever I take KK up against AK,AQ or AJ an ace hits. When I try to beat KK, I get my ace but a King falls as well :mad:

You really need to go for chips in these 1 seat qualifiers, had I won that pot I would have been up in the top 5 of chips and in with a chance. On the positive front I manage to get AA to stand up against Ax suited for the first time in 4! There were two of his suit on the flop though! The last twice I have had AA vs Ax suited the board has been 5 cards of my opponents suit - talk about overkill !

Coupled with my HU defeat to Oscar 'A4 can take a reraise' Fred, it wasn't a good night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ionapaul wrote:
    he stuck around for the next ten minutes to abuse me.

These sort of boyos really shouldnt be playin. Their the sort of people who invest in telecom eireann in the stock market and when it goes bad they start crowing about it to Joe Duffy. Do they realise "Its called gambling...and sometimes you can loose".

Good story and wp for getting so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

okidoki987 wrote:
    Probably but the bottom line was you won the hand.

Thats hardly the bottom line is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Thats hardly the bottom line is it.

Unless Stone Cold says so

Advertisement