Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Proudest Poker Moments?

Options
  • 25-05-2005 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Id like to hear what are your proudest and best moments in your time playing online or live NL Holdem tournaments.

Im playing nearly 3 months so mine arent many but the best things i can remember are listed below.

1. 2nd in a PPP friday night freezeout.

2. Busting Mel Lofthouse(recent live BPO Poker player on Gus Hansons table) out of an online $100 buy-in stt before finishing second.

3. Winning an online $100 buy-in stt with 'whiteskank(heads up ppp legend)' in the field.

4. Winning last sundays boards pokerstars tournament.

5. Winning an online $500 heads up v 'Damages'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

1. Came 4th at level 5 in a steps game on GamingClub turning my Rd 1 entry fee of $5.50 into $500. Rebought in with some of the winnings at level 3 and replayed levels to build credits and played the final once again but finished out of the money.
    2. Winning a $5 MTT on Ladbrokes right back when I first started. I really hadn't a clue then but somehow I used to get good mtt placings!
    3. Winning the first ever boards monthly $20 game even if it was a small turnout.
    4. Winning my first ever Omaha tournament against all the bingo experts on boards :p
    5. Topping the boards online leaderboard for the last few months (only kidding muso, i know you were top for a week or so ;))
    6. Them days when you more than treble your buy-in for a cash game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

1. Knocking Joe Beevers out of a charity game last year

2. Finishing on the bubble in the Saturday 385euro game in the mayday pokerfest. Was the first major tourny I ever played in

3. Won a ticket in 7 out of last 8 freerolls

4. Knocked out William last week in the heads up. He won the Dublin Student Poker Championship so I didn't relly fancy my chances but I surprised myself and beat him

Still have yet to make the money in a fitz tournament! Not exactly my proudest moment but something I hope to change very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

and here I am happy that i won my 20 euro back at a home game!!

Ah well, gotta start somewhere I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

Im playing nearly 3 months so mine arent many but the best things i can remember are listed below.

For somebody who hasn't been playing that long, you play some pretty high stakes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

My best moment was finishing second in an online MTT with 1577 runners on Party Poker. So close to winning it too.

Second has to be a hand I posted here a while ago when I won a massive pot with quad 9's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

a couple of Sundays ago making quad fours against Charles Ngo's KK to double me up and propell me to a 2nd place finish for €700. I woulda won it too but Charles, who had made a significant recovery after I almost crippled him, offered me a deal and after pokering him earlier I felt quite charitable (he only had me by like 3 to 1!)

winning the €270 monthly Fitz game last night

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Winning (or splitting) the 20 game three times in a row last year while on crutches and making 2K in the week. Much like the WSOP, the field has grown so big now that I dont think anyone could do it now... :^/

Being staked into the big game with all the worlds top players last year by Padraig Parkinson and Kevin O'Connell. Pity I was fookin' hammered when they decided to stake me! Got 18th out of 64 but I could have done a lot better but I was young, drunk and despite being chip leader, I threw it away :(. Still, I was very proud to have played at the same table as Chris Jesus Ferguson, Devilfish and Trumper!

Getting Boards.ie's poker forum on the roll with the help of the Suited Aces guys and the original gang who are all still here by and large. I'm very proud to have been able to facilitate something I feel is special in Irish poker.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

being able to afford decent gifts for various events. And paying with cash, big piles of dirty fifties.
    there's only one thing better than winning and thats spending!

i...want....more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

How about getting 5 aces, as in without jokers? There was a bit of cheating me thinks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

1. Asking for a poker forum all that time ago.
    2. Being knocked out of the Fitzs' €270 tounrey by Noel Furlong's quad 3s, shaking his hand and taking my beating.
    3. Outlasting Noel Furlong (Noel used to be in quite often) and finishing 3rd in the old Fitz Sunday €40 rebuy, now gone.
    4. Being top of the online boards tourney sometimes (if it wasn't for that pesky imposter). Despite the fact hardly anyone plays it I can still use it to annoy people.
    5. Getting involved with Suited Aces and organising the first "by popular demand" live poker tournaments.

By the way I have alot of not so proud of moments too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

1. finishing up on a night in atlantic city very early in my poker days against some tough competition.
    2. leading the BSOP for most of the 8months and coming 3rd in the final :(
    3. winning a 55 runner tourney over in the Gutshot Club....felt like a larger achievement than anything else since every one of them was a stranger.
    4. overall to have made money, had fun and met deadly people playing poker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i'm only playing a few months but my proudest moments would be coming first in two freeroll mtt's.. i've only ever played in five all together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

spoiling this thread like this...

CÓCKSUCKERY & NAVEL GAZING

hoping no one reads the archives and finds my contributions to threads in a similar vein

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

1. Winning a ticket to the big game during the Fitz Festival.
    2. Banning Henbane for the above.

Advertisement