Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Campus Accomodation!

Options
  • 25-05-2005 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hey,

I decided ages ago that I wasn't going to pay the stupid prices for res and wouldn't be able for the stupid rules.

So I want a house, ideally one of the ones directly across from the multi storey carpark. So how do I find out which ones are rented and if/when they're free.

I'll be final year in September and don't have other people to share the house with. Are student houses normally rented room by room?

And there's no way I'd share a room.

Any info great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

You should have a look around www.daft.ie. You'll find loads of houses in the area around DCU looking for people to share with. I'm living in res now and looking for a place for the summer and next next year and I've found daft.ie to be great. The only problem is, most of those rooms are available immediately so if you're looking for a room in advance, you might not have much luck.

Another thing you could do is check around the notice boards in college (toilets in the library, the hub etc.). I've seen a few notices looking for people to share with from next semester so you might find something there.

There should also be a link from your portal page to information about off-campus accommodation, but as I recall, it's kinda crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

I'm in France on ERASMUs at the moment. i was thinking of when I got back going around the college looking at the 'room to let for summer' notices and asking those people if they were moving out after the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

I'd imagine that a lot of rooms that are being rented out only for the summer will be occupied by the previous tenants in September i.e. people going abroad/home for the summer. But it's worth a try.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

There is loads of those notices. If I see any good ones I'll get the address and post em up.

Shanowen might be worth a look as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Dublin7

Hey.
    If you are already a student in DCU you can find lots of accomodation (amongst some on Collins Avenue) on your portal page if you click on "Off- campus accomodation"
    If not you can get the list at the accomodation reception, tell them you are a student in DCU (or future student) to get that list.
    Good luck ! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement