Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Site you can't win on ?

Options
  • 25-05-2005 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Is there any site that you just can't win on ?

I know that this thread will fall down on mathematics, but we are human, so is there any site that you just keep away from, bad vibes, bad luck or whatever?

I've had a great run lately on Ladbrokes, so armed with that confidence and happy with my game, I tried my nemisis that is pokerroom.com. as it is offering a 15% load bonus at the moment, and I like it's layout.

Played 7 STT's ... lost 7 . I won't even bother going into the bad beats, what I will say is that I was happy with the way I played, and was ahead near enough every time when the chips went in, just got kicked, bruised and assaulted nearly every time by Mr River....everyone has been there, bought the T shirt

Went back to Ladbrokes, and won my first 3 STT's, and finished ahead for the night.

I just can't win at Pokerroom.com

Anyone else feel the same about another site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Other than the heads-up matches over the weekend, I can't win and don't play anymore on Paddy Power. Partially this is because of the god awful interface, worst imaginable really. But also I have had no luck whatsoever with the STTs there.

Unless the interface is completely redesigned, I can't see myself playing there again, even if I was guaranteed a STT win or two!

Also have gotten bad vibes from Party the last couple of times I logged in, and despite making some very nice cash from their MTTs, am pretty much sticking exclusively to Stars at the mo. It *is* the home of champions after all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

I do well with BetFair STT's and ok with their MTTs

Havn't played on Stars in a while but I never finished above 7th in a STT there

can't explain it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

When I started I played almost totally on Ladbrokes. It's the only site that I have real losses on. I reckon it's partly down to me being a beginner but also that the players are a little tougher.

The only other site i am down on is PPP but it's only a little and it's probably because I playePed the 35$ boards games there twice. I am up on VC, so there's no reason why I shouldn't be up on PPP. I will only be playing cash games there from now on though as the blinds rise way too fast (the actual blinds not just the time) in tournaments and stt's (and maybe the PPP 20$ freezeout if it's undersubscribed :)).

Stars seems to be the most profitable for me at the moment, whether it is 20$ stt's, .50/1 NL shorthand games or the boards tourney :)
    UB was also quite profitable but I won't be playing there again seeing as they've no intention of keeping the game fair. Party is ok for clearing bonuses, but the interface is awful.
    I like the interface on GamingClub and Ladbrokes but the cash players are quite good on both sites so i'll probably only be playing STT's and tournaments there from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

My personal point of view is this. (Putting aside the job n all). I find that when you get comfortable with a site. Starting stack, interface, level of play at different stakes, plethora of notes on certain players style.. all aspects really. Then you do not become distracted by the niggley things in life and can simply concentrate on the game. The manner in which RNG random shuffling etc is done has the same rudementary conclusion so I do not believe there is a site you "can't win on". I am a pretty good online player.. I make money.. I am not used to playing live though and my track record live thus far is poor at best. My reccomendation would probably be to find a site you feel comfortable on and stick to it.....
    preferably Paddy Power Poker !! ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Go on, be a devil , give us your favourite site then ... honestly, bearing in mind your preferred starting stack, blind structure , interface etc...
    Not allowed to say PPP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Pokerroom is the only one available in college through the firewall so I started there. My performance on pokerroom is pretty good. Place in the majority of STT and do pretty well in MTTs. PPP i find terrible, I really dislike the interface as a whole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

How could you ask such a question!
    argh ok. Before I joined PPP I have played around on a few sites.. wasn't overly impressed untill believe it or not I found.. yes the Tribeca network. I was a customer of GPP for about a year and a half before I took this job and regrettably VERY MUCH SO ;0( I had to sling in my chips and go elsewhere. So I do in fact understand the initial post entirely. I trawled around looking for another but have never really become as comfortable again. I play on UB sometimes its a comprimise what can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

...I play on UB sometimes its a comprimise what can I do?
    Make sure you never have to deal with their customer support ;)

*Still no reply

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Nice reply :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

funny pokerroom seems to have come up the most as the one people dont make money on either. I never did either but i put it down to the fact i was a beginner there. VC is definately my home!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

I've played on Ladbrokes, Stars, VC/PPP and Betfair. Although I've won on VC/PPP (2nd once in 7.5k, final table with 1 win several times on 5K and 3rd in 25k) Betfair would be my fav. mostly due to a glut of MTT wins in Nov/Dec last year. Find Lads too hard (Scandinavians) and can't seem to get anywhere on Stars. Did lodge a few quid on Absolute but my own experience there was bad and left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

When I first started playing online I couldn't win a thing on VC. Then I made a tidy sum at PL Omaha on Party. Lately I've come back to PPP and the STT's have been good to me. PL Omaha still sucks quite alot on PPP. Haven't tried anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Party Poker mainly because of the outragous hands that were beating me every time, I decided to walk away and have never played it since.
    Pokerstars has been good to me so far.

P.S.
    Has anybody noticed the huge number of people playing Pokerstars every night recently?
    Over the last few nights, it has been over 47,000 at 11pm Irish time!
    (some of these have been FREEROLLS but even still.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Stars gets the WSOP crowd - not surprising, considering the pedigree of their qualifiers recently...

Advertisement