Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: For anyone that missed any of the first 4 episodes..

Options
  • 25-05-2005 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭

According to Guru Maith Agut's post here, an e-mail to RTE asking if they would be repeating any of the first few episodes brought the reply:

(** STILL UNCONFIRMED **)
    There will be an omnibus edition of LOST (a repeat of
    the first four episodes) on Saturday 11th June, RTÉ 2
    at 21.00 hrs.
    Should possibly be made a sticky.. as i can see a number of people week after week enquiring about repeats.

The 4 episodes repeated will be:
    1X01 - Pilot (1) (original RTE airdate: 23 May 2005)
    1X02 - Pilot (2) (original RTE airdate: 23 May 2005)
    1X03 - Tabula Rasa (original RTE airdate: 30 May 2005)
    1X04 - Walkabout (original RTE airdate: 6 June 2005)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Stickied, but before anyone goes banking on seeing them it hasn't been confirmed as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I hope the omnibus happens. There was a power cut in my area at 10:30 this evening that lasted 2 hours!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sarsfield wrote:
    I hope the omnibus happens. There was a power cut in my area at 10:30 this evening that lasted 2 hours!!! :mad:
    Will let you all know soon.

The TV Guide on TheCustard.TV only goes up as far as the Friday before it.

I've a feeling it will be on though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Yeah, CONFIRMED!!

According to TheCustard.TV: (ignore the 'Travel' category they put the show under.. :D)

21:00
    Lost (Travel)
    Pilot Part 1.
    Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had.

21:50
    Lost (Travel)
    Pilot Part 2.
    The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain. But the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn.

22:40
    Lost (Travel)
    Tabula Rosa.
    Jack and Hurley discover an alarming secret about Kate, as the marshal's life hangs in the balance. Meanwhile Kate, Charlie, Sawyer, Sayid, Boone and Shannon ponder the island's mysteries they've uncovered and worry that telling the other survivors will cause panic.

23:35
    Lost (Drama)
    Walkabout. Series 1, episode 4.
    The survivors are jolted awake in the middle of the night when wild island beasts invade the beach encampment. Kate and Michael join the mysterious Locke on a hunt for food -- and a shocking secret about Locke is revealed.
    (PG, 5 Star)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I hope they promote this well in advance to entice anyone in who didn't tune in from the start. Will have to check to see if they put back in the scenes chopped from the start of "Pilot, Part II" as well (doubtful.)

Also, just looked there at the RTE listings for the Monday after (13th) and it says in the synopsis for ep 5, "White Rabbit" (spoilified, but no spoilers in it - it's just an episode blurb):
    "White Rabbit"
    Jack's lack of sleep brings him to the edge of delirium; Boone gets trapped in a dangerous riptide; Claire's health takes a turn for the worse.

Boone may get trapped, but it's hardly the focus of the episode...! Seemed odd to base a blurb on the first few minutes of the episode.

doh.ie wrote:
    Boone may get trapped, but it's hardly the focus of the episode...! Seemed odd to base a blurb on the first few minutes of the episode.
    Did you expect anything less from RTE?! :D

Suppose not. But most of those blurbs are written on press material that comes with the show, so RTE probably weren't the ones who wrote it. I can think of a dozen other things that happen in that episode that would have made a better blurb. Maybe something like: (spoilered, just in case)
    "Jack is confronted by the traumatic events which brought him to Australia, Claire's pregnancy is endangered when the group's water supply is stolen, and who is the mysterious man Jack is haunted by...?"

Or maybe they could just have had:

"White Rabbit"
    Shannon blocks Sawyer's lightsticks. What are lightsticks? Tune in to find out.

doh.ie wrote:
    Or maybe they could just have had:

"White Rabbit"
    Shannon blocks Sawyer's lightsticks. What are lightsticks? Tune in to find out.
    "Light Comma Sticks".... loved that!

PS - that RTE synopsis for 'White Rabbit' as the same as the one used on TheCustard.TV anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

... Stupid question here, but how many episodes have been shown this side of the sea? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

4 (including 2 hour pilot), and all 4 will be shown again this saturday on RTE from 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Great!! I've seen all eps of Lost so far but I might tape them anyway...

So..Saturday at 9.00...cool!! Thanks!!

Btw, (sorry if this is mentioned in other forums) how do you cover up your words if it's a spoiler?

Btw, (sorry if this is mentioned in other forums) how do you cover up your words if it's a spoiler?
    You need spoiler tags between what you want to hide

["spoiler"]Hidden text goes here!["/spoiler"]

Remove the quotes inside the tags. You now have a spoiler as below!
    Hidden text goes here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Harry Corry

Does anyone else think that the show is moving wwwaaayyyy tttooooo sssllloooowwwww???????

It seems to have the makings of a great show but it's not developing fast enough. Take 24 for example. It develops the characters and plot at a rapid pace. Keeps one interested. Or is it just me? :rolleyes:

Does anyone else think that the show is moving wwwaaayyyy tttooooo sssllloooowwwww???????

It seems to have the makings of a great show but it's not developing fast enough. Take 24 for example. It develops the characters and plot at a rapid pace. Keeps one interested. Or is it just me? :rolleyes:
    It's not '24'....

... 'Lost' builds up steam. Unlike '24' with it's action scene / kidnapping / cliffhanger every 33.1 seconds (yes... i calculated that! :D), it's a slow-building drama driven by it's characters.

Keep watching '24' if you want a thrill-a-minute rapid pace in your drama!

Just my 2 cents!

I agree it's not fast moving, but then I also think that's its charm. Desperate Housewives tried to stretch a mystery over a whole season and found out (quite quickly) that there wasn't enough material, so that plot began to feature less, or only cropped up every two or three episodes.

Twin Peaks is pretty much the model of how Lost works. A slow burner, but well worth it.

That said, if you think it's moving slow now, one particular new mystery that crops up mid-season takes yonks to even get close to an answer. And even then... (But then anticipating you're getting an answer the next week is sometimes half the fun.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Is that the only reason people like 24? Ok,season 1 and 2 were good,but this season has been a joke. Yes there is lots of action,but the plot and the writing is a joke,does anyone actually care about that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Just have to tune into the last hour r so as i missed monday episode because i thought it was sunday DAMN bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

It's starting now, in case anyone forgot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

The idiots cut out the 2 minutes where the credits are shown in ep2 again. Wonder will they do it with ep 3 and 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Harry Corry

basquille wrote:
    It's not '24'.... Keep watching '24' if you want a thrill-a-minute rapid pace in your drama!

Just my 2 cents!

Basquille: true it ain't a 24 but it's too late! I'm intrigued by the plot, albeit a slow burning plot. Just wish it was a little faster in development.

anyway, here's your two cents back - you never know when they might come in handy.

But people PLEASE give me leverage on the ANNOYING :eek: O2 advertising at the ad breaks - PLEASE :eek: I have the remote in my hand throughout so I can mute the O2 interrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I'd missed the first 4 episodes (dratted exams), was channel surfing on Saturday, saw the start of the omnibus and thought, "hmmm, i'll give it a go and see what it's like". 4 hours later i was hooked. Monday's going to be a staying in night for me for the forseable future.

Agree about the O2 ads, very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Yeh... the O2 ads suck...

Thread unstuck cos it's no longer relevant...

Advertisement