Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxygen virgin!

Options
  • 24-05-2005 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

I'm goin to Oxygen this year and i don't wanna be carrying a rake of sh!te that i won't need... i need some helpful hints...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

bring food you can heat up quickly. Never go to the hot dog venders. O yeah if you have a car leave all your stuff in it and not in the tent .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

Heat up?! So a cooker is needed?!

well just make sure they dont spot you taking cookers in with you against the rules. They have cookers going cheap in lidl or aldi i think

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

This is pretty much everything:

Ticket
    Lots and lots of Drink
    Toilet Roll
    Water
    Money
    Food
    Camera
    Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Radio
    Deodorant
    Clothes
    sun glasses
    Baby Wipes

She-Ra wrote:
    Heat up?! So a cooker is needed?!

No not really.

Handly if you have a car, you can heat up food in the carpark.
    Too much hassle bringing one in.

Last year, we brought cans of tuna/mayo/sweetcorn and bread. Killed the hunger pains.

Food is really expensive and crap in there, so good idea to bring something, even if it only a few bananas!

• Advertisement

Whats the dealio with bringin drinkin too... i was told its a no go subject... but i don't wanna end up drinkin pints of Smithwicks like at Dylan last summer

no glass bottles anything else if fine

grand job... i'll be in a vodka induced stupor the whole time and i'll be sorted!

Are you camping or going on the day passes?

If you are camping, you can bring as much drink in to the campsite you want, drink it there and then go in to the main music area. Some drink can be snuck in aswell.

If you are on a day pass, then the list I gave you will be reduced to:

Ticket
    Money
    Camera (optional!!)

camping... woohoo! roll on the after hours sing songs!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

edit: yeah i don't know coz i've never camped

have fun!

http://www.oxegen.ie/mb/viewtopic.php?t=22447

This link pretty much sums up any other questions you might have!

N.

neither have i! i'm goin in at he deep end and i intend to enjoy every minute of it!

Norinoco wrote:
    http://www.oxegen.ie/mb/viewtopic.php?t=22447

This link pretty much sums up any other questions you might have!

N.
    deadly... just checked it out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

I've got a two day pass so what should I do about drink? Will they make me knock it all back before I go in cause I hate doing that and then only having the option of fecking heinken for the rest of the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

She-Ra wrote:
    camping... woohoo! roll on the after hours sing songs!!

Haha! There are no after hours, it's non-stop when camping. Even with my tent leaking last year I had a great time. You've never been to a festival if you haven't camped, day passes are for tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Sweetness! wrote:
    I've got a two day pass so what should I do about drink? Will they make me knock it all back before I go in cause I hate doing that and then only having the option of fecking heinken for the rest of the day!!

Pretty much. They wont allow you to bring booze into the arena camping or not. You could try hide some somehow and hope they dont frisk you but they will dump it if they find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Don't try and bring it in to the arena... you will get caught... they are getting stricter and more effective every year...

If they find a glass bottle they throw it away.

If it is plastic and obviously alcohol they will tip it out

If it is plastic and not obviously alcohol they still take the cap off it so it isn't as harmful a weapon/throwing projectile.

Camping wise... Toilet Roll, Smokes, Duck Tape and bin liners.... even if you don't smoke I'd bring a pack to trade/sell.... by sunday they are all gone...

Bin liners cause you can use them to patch your tent, use as a poncho ( though they give out free ponchos when it rains in the main arena ).... and duct tape to stick everything together.... plus it is always fun to have duct tape when you're drunk! :D

Also... if you are a guy... remember they have a whole patch of grass dedicated to urinal space with space for about 100 people pissing. Use them. They get full of piss mud by the Sunday, but bare with it. Walk along the drier path ( in the middle if you can ) ... and go to the far end... most people will be drunk and piss at the nearest urinal, so the piss mud isn't as bad at the back of the place.

If you are a girl/guy needing a crap. Use the toliets in the mornings.... I cannot stress this enough.... wake up at 6 in the morning if you have to. There is the **** wagon that goes about cleaning and replacing the portaloos every morning on the campsite. It does this really early most of the time so get up early find out where it is and go to one of the new/recently cleaned portaloos. Also....

DON'T NICK THE BOG ROLL!!!!

Tis just respect for the poor sod who needs it more than you.

If you can't find a clean portaloo then bring one of those kids inflatable swimming rings...

Inflate it and with the valve side facing up place it over the seat. Do your business then take it outside and wipe it on the grass and go to the nearby water points and clean it off as best you can. Then deflate it.

It could be a lifesaver if you are caught in dire need. The altered diet will do mad things to your digestive system.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

[/QUOTE]
    If you can't find a clean portaloo then bring one of those kids inflatable swimming rings...

Inflate it and with the valve side facing up place it over the seat. Do your business then take it outside and wipe it on the grass and go to the nearby water points and clean it off as best you can. Then deflate it.

It could be a lifesaver if you are caught in dire need. The altered diet will do mad things to your digestive system.[/QUOTE]

that is a truly excellent idea. well done. any advice on how to stop the retching sensation?? am giving oxegen a miss this year, but there are still plenty more festivals around europe i can use that advice for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

keevita wrote:
    any advice on how to stop the retching sensation?? am giving oxegen a miss this year, but there are still plenty more festivals around europe i can use that advice for!

Incense Sticks. Trust me. Light a couple just before going into a portaloo and hold your breath for 20 secs or so... after a few ticks the place will smell a whole lot better. Just dont look down.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote:
    any advice on how to stop the retching sensation?? am giving oxegen a miss this year, but there are still plenty more festivals around europe i can use that advice for!

Incense Sticks. Trust me. Light a couple just before going into a portaloo and hold your breath for 20 secs or so... after a few ticks the place will smell a whole lot better. Just dont look down.[/QUOTE]

GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!

Well not much you can do short of shoving tissue up your nose and breathing through your gritted teeth...

Edit : Or incense!!! great idea! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Suck it up!
    You'll be legless most of the time anyway, and you'll be more gracious of a five minute sit down in the jacks then bothered by the smell.
    :D

Drink, cans anyway, is fairly simple to get into the arena from the camping site. Just bring two/three along and shove 'em in your socks when your strolling through the checkpoint. Worked for me last year, Guard's don't really seem to give a ****. It's the paid Securrity Guards you need to watch out for, there the people that'll nick your drink and drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Are you joking?
    That sounds absolutely ridiculous to me.
    Actually I just had a thought, buy a second cheap tent in Lidl and set it up beside your own tent. Then use it as your own personal toilet (you can have the rubber ring in there if you want) then leave it behind when you're leaving on the Monday (zipped up of course) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

keevita wrote:
    that is a truly excellent idea. well done. any advice on how to stop the retching sensation??

I wouldn't recommend incense sticks at all. There's something about a plastic cubicle full of methane and a source of flame that doesn't sit right with me. I know the chances are slim but you don't want to be remembered as the guy who died in an exploding portaloo.

I suggest two good methods for portaloos:

1) Vicks Vaporub smeared under your nose, you won't smell anything else but it

2) Use the portaloos beside the main stage as they're normally clean, unused and even if they are used, they are usually the ones with a trap door blocking you from the "debris".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

someone said on the first page that they didnt wanna have to drink smithwicks. is it not a heineken-only event like slane, chilis in the park and whatnot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

She-Ra wrote:
    grand job... i'll be in a vodka induced stupor the whole time and i'll be sorted!

Why shell out for the ticket when you can switch on your stereo and do this in your back garden?

BrianD wrote:
    Why shell out for the ticket when you can switch on your stereo and do this in your back garden?

I didn't...twas a present!

upmeath wrote:
    someone said on the first page that they didnt wanna have to drink smithwicks. is it not a heineken-only event like slane, chilis in the park and whatnot?

And this was me... and being a heinekin drinker thats even better!

• Advertisement

BrianD wrote:

Some drink to have a good time...

Tis common I hear :rolleyes: :)

Advertisement