Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP Tourney on PPP

Options
  • 24-05-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

anyone played in any of paddys $200 rebuy wsop tournaments? if you have how loose are they, are there many out there shooting plenty of rebuys in there?

Nice one
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

shaydy wrote:
    anyone played in any of paddys $200 rebuy wsop tournaments? if you have how loose are they, are there many out there shooting plenty of rebuys in there?

Nice one
    S

I played one a couple of months back, I won a ticket through a $3 feeder.
    I didn't intend to rebuy and felt I was at a disadvantage not rebuying. Some players were reloading after the first hand and most topped up after the break. You need to double through early on to have a good chance of progressing witout a rebuy. That day there were three WSOP tickets on offer and my name is on one of them. Give it a try and best of luck!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I came 8th or 9th in one a few months ago...as pokertoll said you are at a big disadvantage if you do not intend to rebuy/top up.Its a strange game some play it lose and some very very tight.I seen loads of rebuys at the tables I was at.The one thing I dont like about them is its very very flat,the one I played it was a full ticket for first and 6k or 7k for second with nothing for third.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Well done PokerToll, thats one to look forward to! I have only played once a couple of months back, same as yourself I won a seat in the $3 satellitte. Won a seat today in a STT satellitte so i'll give it a go

Thanks for the response All.

Nice one
    Shay

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Didnt last too long in this one, table was extremly loose seen A8 calling two all in re-raises, about 4 re-buys at the table in the first ten minutes. I took your advise and tried to double up with 10 10, ran into JJ right niext door to me and that was it. Ah well :)

Shay

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

You will get them next time ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement