Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A A - Reverse Psychology

Options
  • 24-05-2005 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

A little experiment I carried out this month.

Last 11 Times dealt AA ... I went All In or re-raised All in (as that seems to be a regular feature of people playing pocket low/mid pairs at $10 -$20 STT level).

9 times, I've been called by what they thought were overcards or over pairs QQ, QK, JJ etc....... nice way of doubling up :) even better when you hear the fellahs knocked out complaining that 'that's not the way to play Aces' :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

What would be interesting is if you alternated between going all in and one of the other strategies and compare the outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Yep, fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

In the boards tournament tomorrow night, If I go all-in earlish in the game I will have AA or 72o. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Imposter wrote:
    In the boards tournament tomorrow night, If I go all-in earlish in the game I will have AA or 72o. :D

How is this news?

;):D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Culchie wrote:
    even better when you hear the fellahs knocked out complaining that 'that's not the way to play Aces' :p

Exactly what happened to me last night on VC. I was all in on AA and filled a third on the flop to beat my caller on JT who was also all in. On him leaving the table I got, "F*** off loser" after which I had pleasure in quoting TwoShedsJackson "Ssshhh, i'm counting your chips"!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement