Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 6000. Would you recommend?

Options
  • 24-05-2005 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Dell Inspiron 6000
    Processor - PM1730
    60Gb Hard Drive
    1024 Mb RAM
    CDRW
    128 Video Card
    56K Modem
    Network Card: Eth-0
    Windows XP Home ed

All for €1000?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Welcome to the board! Is it new??? If yes how long and what type of warranty....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clipper1981

It is refurbished and has a standard dell warranty

It is refurbished and has a standard dell warranty

I presume that it's just the one year warranty so..... It is a good price, have you built the same machine from new on their website? Probably about 350 euro dearer new.

I don't know much about their refurbished range but as long as it has a proper warranty then you shud be safe. Are you sure that you don't want a wireless card???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

But they're only 799 New ? make sure you go to the configure option and get rid of the default 3 years extended warranty option ...
    As a great man once said "extended warranty how can i loose !!!" :D

But they're only 799 New ? make sure you go to the configure option and get rid of the default 3 years extended warranty option ...
    As a great man once said "extended warranty how can i loose !!!" :D

Not at the spec listed at the top, a good bit more than 799

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

This is one of the dell outlet machines?

It said CDRW on the front page, but in detail section had a dvd-rw, which was received.

One I ordered still had the plastic on the keybd, current lot looks like a returned batch so yours is probably the same. You have to add VAT but you can subtract 80 quid with one of the checkboxes (unchecked by default)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The deal has finished now, but I managed to purchase one of these in time. Brand new...

1.5GHz processor
    40gig HD
    512Mb Memory
    2Mb L2 Cache
    400MHz FSB
    CD-RW/DVD Combi
    3 USB 2.0 Ports
    1 IEEE1394 Firewire
    Kensington Lock Slot
    128Mb shared memory Video Card
    56k Modem
    Wireless 11b/g internet enabled
    Windows XP Home

And a few other things I can't remember off-hand

Grand Total: €799.98 inc VAT AND inc Shipping.

Just waiting on delivery now. Should get it Wednesday week. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RJB

Got an Inspiron 6000 a few weeks ago for €1400 but got wireless card, dvd +rw and good graphics card,60gb disk etc etc hence the higher price and got xp Prof as the OS . I'm very happy with it so far and have worked a lot with dell laptops over the years mainly latitudes and have always found them quite reliable.

Advertisement