Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking

Options
  • 24-05-2005 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Is there a rough rule of thumb for estimating the cost of exterior decking, both material and labour, i.e. cost per square foot or meter ?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Try Vermont.ie - it's the self fit stuff that Woodies sell. I was looking at this myself and it seems reasonable enough.

It costs €58 per sq. metre and you buy the basic deck in 1 * 1 or 2 * 1 "sheets" with the subframe included. It just seems to be a matter of buying the right amount of pieces and bolting them together. Don't take my word for it though - I'd be a novice at this.

Anyways back to your point - there is a full price list as a PDF on their website (don't forget to add costs for railings etc) and that €58 is for supply only - you'd have to do/make it yourself of pay someone to do it for you.

Have fun and let us kown if you find it cheaper somewhere else !

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

The quick build kits are not worth the money IMHO. You would be better hiring tools like a bench saw for the day. It's surprising easy to build a deck but the big problem is getting the materials to your house unless you have a van or something.

Can't remember the price for the wood but buy it from a builder providers and not the like of homebase, woodies. They charge a lot less and have a better standard of wood.

Advertisement