Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tourney help

Options
  • 24-05-2005 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

lads....can anyone recommend a good tourney that has a decent level of players....that isnt too hard on the pocket..in dublin....
    silly of me i know but played a game in the local last night 20 in and rebuys 15 thinkin that at least there would be some sane players....getting called wit 6,8 when i put a big preflop raise in wit aq breaks my heart...needless to say i lost...! :(........is the 50 freezeout in the fitz/merrion any good?

one other question......what would the normal rebuy period be for the average tourney from the start...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

If it's a decent standard you're looking for, then you should avoid the 20euro rebuys completely. I'd say one of the best cheaper games to go for is the 50euro double chance in the Fitz on Tuesday nights. There's also the 30euro freezeout on Sunday afternoons (in the Fitz again), which should have a decent standard, but I haven't played this yet so I'm not sure.

If you want to step up to spending 110euro, then the Monday and Friday Fitz games are very popular, with a decent standard.

Apologies for the Fitz bias here, but I'm not a Merrion regular... someone like Pokertroll should know what's going on there.

Edit: Rebuy period are generally for the first 3/4 levels: 3 levels at 20min, or 4 levels at 15mins (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

the one i played in last night started at 7 and rebuys were allowed up until 9.30.....i thought that this was a bit much....am i wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

jobless, try the €30 freezeout in the Fitz on Sunday afternoons. Decent standard of play, nice structure.

i'll give that one a go so....
    so does anyone else think that a rebuy period of 2.5 hrs is very long?....
    It had definately put me off playing again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

ya crazy, just opens up the game to those with more money than sense. What it does lead to is some major stacks at the tables with the looney's at. Also means those who want to play real holdem cant as they don't care what they play with and wont respect a decent bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

jobless wrote:
    the one i played in last night started at 7 and rebuys were allowed up until 9.30.....i thought that this was a bit much....am i wrong?

I think the question here has to be more in relation to the starting stack size and the time of the levels. If the starting stack is small and the levels are quick then 2.5hrs is mental.

starting stack was 1500...blinds 25, 50...raised to 50,100 after 20 mins, 75,150 after that and so on...but rebuys only got u 1500....is this crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ionapaul wrote:
    jobless, try the €30 freezeout in the Fitz on Sunday afternoons. Decent standard of play, nice structure.

What time on sunday does the $30 freezeout start and about how many runners usually?. Also what are the blinds and what time does that tournie usually finish up at?. One last thing have the chips got values written on them or are they colour coded?. I feel like making my live debut but dont want to be.....'eh what are the red chips again!' at the table.

I was equally nervous my first time (...playing poker live, that is. Ahem) but don't worry, everyone is very helpful and you'll have a blast. Only 10 or so runners in the €30 freezeout for the last two weeks, but that is sure to increase in the future. Starts at 4:30.

ionapaul wrote:
    Only 10 or so runners in the €30 freezeout for the last two weeks, but that is sure to increase in the future. Starts at 4:30.

Thanks Paul that sounds ideal,
    So are the chip values correct below?

1 = white
    5 = red
    25 = green
    100 = black

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

ionapaul wrote:
    I was equally nervous my first time (...playing poker live, that is. Ahem) but don't worry, everyone is very helpful and you'll have a blast. Only 10 or so runners in the €30 freezeout for the last two weeks, but that is sure to increase in the future. Starts at 4:30.

who won on Sunday just gone - was it Ollie? saw he was in the last three...

blue - 25
    yellow - 100
    pink - 500
    green - 1000

...that's correct, isn't it?
    Thanks Paul that sounds ideal,
    So are the chip values correct below?

1 = white
    5 = red
    25 = green
    100 = black

Fitz Tournament

blue - 10
    orange - 25
    yellow - 100
    pink - 500
    green - 1000

Fitz Cash

white - 1
    red - 5
    green - 25
    black -100

who won on Sunday just gone - was it Ollie? saw he was in the last three...
    Was knocked out 1st (or last, depending on your view) so can't answer that, maybe Big D knows as he had a healthy stack as I slunk out the door in search of online redemption. BTW the fact that both of you have 'round' somewhere in your nick is confusing, shame on the both of you! :)

Went out 5th on a silly hand.

Ollie went out 3rd I think with Eamon and Michael splitting it.

ionapaul wrote:
    BTW the fact that both of you have 'round' somewhere in your nick is confusing, shame on the both of you! :)

Rounders123 - you heard the man, change! :D:D

Rounders123 - you heard the man, change! :D:D

Ive got it imbedded in email addresses, my fan club etc, it would be a shame :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

jobless-where was that tourney you played?who ran it?jus curious cos i played in a similar one and it was sh1t 2 and a half hours rebuy is a joke by the time the rebuy was over more than half the place had left!!you should play in the freeroll before jumpin in to any proper tournamnets to get a feel for the place and for rules i.e. string betting etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

my fan club...

where do I sign up :o

POKERKING wrote:
    jobless-where was that tourney you played?who ran it?jus curious cos i played in a similar one and it was sh1t 2 and a half hours rebuy is a joke by the time the rebuy was over more than half the place had left!!you should play in the freeroll before jumpin in to any proper tournamnets to get a feel for the place and for rules i.e. string betting etc!!

it was one of those vegas nights in my local...wont be doin it again

• Advertisement
Advertisement