Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landxcape Lawn Mowers, any good?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Unless you have a tiny garden I wouldn't bother with electric. Get a petrol but make sure it has a good engine. Many people use Briggs and Stratton engines and these are second to none. I bought two mountfield mowers with these engines and over ten years ago and they are still going strong. One used here in Dublin on four gardens regularly enough and the other down the sticks on about a quarter acre.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

FX Meister wrote:
    Unless you have a tiny garden I wouldn't bother with electric. Get a petrol but make sure it has a good engine. Many people use Briggs and Stratton engines and these are second to none. I bought two mountfield mowers with these engines and over ten years ago and they are still going strong. One used here in Dublin on four gardens regularly enough and the other down the sticks on about a quarter acre.

Hi Fx Meister,

Doesn't the Briggs engine fitted to the mountfield have steel liners and crankshaft running in bearings, great engine. The smaller briggs engines cranks used to run in the journal casing, with out bearings, and as such were prone to wear.

Smaller engine mowers less than about 7.5 hp, honda engines would be a better bet.

kadman :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Be jasus, I don't get that technical. But sure you might be right.

I spent many years trying to get the worn out little bstds to work, then God created Honda,

kadman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Kadman ?

What's this about Honda ? I know it was a bad week for RooKad Enterprises PLC but you did tell me to buy the Husgvarna, then you told me buy the John Deere ride on ?

Sheesh some pardner you are.

:):):)

• Advertisement

Hi Rooferpete,

You should be posting on the bragging forum. Two lawnmowers, and one a ride on. :D:D

Well you did ask, and just to keep on topic, the best lawnmower, yes that would be the Husqvarna 110, and they are fitted with the trusty Briggs 10 hp, steel liners.

Honda replacement engines, excellent, and economical.

Incidentally the early small briggs engines were regarded as a throw away unit, not exactly eco friendly , or economical. :eek:

By the way Rooferpete, did my rise get the sanction from the board yet :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

Thanks for the advice, I found this one which looks pretty good for €189 in B&Q, what do you reckon?

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/product.jsp?CATID=8090021&entryFlag=false&PRODID=205379&paintCatId=

Finn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Toro lawnmowers are yer only man. Honda wanders in second.

Advertisement