Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad beats only happen online

Options
  • 23-05-2005 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if we could have a little session of "OMG I how lucky am I?!" "So anways I go all in on a steal with J 8 os, he calls flips over A's in the hole.. flop comes J rag rag 8 J yay for me!"
    Bad beats happen.. bad beats are someone elses good beat. Ah the moanyness of it all... it would be a lovely change... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

PPP last night. 50/1 cash game. I have about 60 left. I am on the button. UTG makes it 10. UTG + 1 calls. Passed around to me with big slick suited in spades. All-in. Call and Call (both were all in for slightly less than me).

UTG - QQ, UTG +1 - 1010. Not bad I think.

Flop comes 10 high with one spade. Trouble. Runner, runner spades with no pair. Happy days.

Now if that can happen 400 more times it will make up for my bad beats since Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

EPT back in Feb, Down to 3000 near end of first day I decide to shove it in with J9 off suit and get called by QQ ! runner runner straight and 30 minutes later I have 55,000 chips and in the top ten starting day 2 ! Good job it was live as I would have flopped a straight for him to get a runner runner house online :D

PS. Against the same guy in a sit and go a few days later I cracked his QQ with 33 when I four flushed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

Shortstack wrote:
    EPT back in Feb, Down to 3000 near end of first day I decide to shove it in with J9 off suit and get called by QQ ! runner runner straight and 30 minutes later I have 55,000 chips and in the top ten starting day 2 ! Good job it was live as I would have flopped a straight for him to get a runner runner house online :D

PS. Against the same guy in a sit and go a few days later I cracked his QQ with 33 when I four flushed it!
    ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I don't think I was ever as big a dog as in a recent satelite to the 200+15 LM tourney on stars. I was in the bubble position with only a few BBs left. Folded around to me in the SB with A-To. I cap it preflop with the BB tall stack and put in my last 2 small bets on the flop with Ace High. He turns over Aces. Turn a Ten, River a Ten. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

In the Fitzwilliam €20 rebuy tournament, I have A10o and call, 2 other callers and BB checks. Flop 10-6-2 rainbow. Me and the BB are the two big stacks at the table.

Checked to me, I bet, 2 folds, BB goes all-in, I call. He has 66 for middle set. I hit and Ace on the turn and another Ace on the river. In fairness to him he just said "That's poker" as he walked away. I think I bubbled in that tournament.

Online tournament, final 2 tables, I am middling-small stack. I raise all-in from late position to steal blinds. BB calls with AA. I was stealing with 64o and hit a middler straight on the river.
    After that double through I am comfortable and then I find JJ in middle position. Standard 3xBB raise, the same BB whose AA I cracked earlier goes all-in for all his chips (I have them just covered). I call.
    He has KK and I'm in deep trouble, but I hit a 4-card flush on the river with the Jc in my hand.

I was so embarrassed. I think the guy called me a fish as he left the table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

lafortezza wrote:
    I was so embarrassed. I think the guy called me a fish as he left the table.

hehe! little fishy! :D If you say that to someone in a live game it's 7 years of bad beats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

bloody welll playing online seems to be 7 yrs bad beats.........(and iv only been at it a yr so iv another long six ones to go) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

lafortezza wrote:

I think I bubbled in that tournament.

I couldn't have been in that one....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Strange thing hapenned recently in a $100 heads up game. Several hands in and we are both 'all in' pre-flop.
    We both turn over AA and its a split pot.
    I was just wondering whats the odds for an occurence like this?. Anyone know of any website that can calculate the odds of scenarios like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

For heads up, I assume that it's a simple case of squaring the odds on one person having Aces i.e. (220/1)^2 = (0.00452)^2 = 48,840/1.

In a full game, I'm not sure if you should take into account the number of people playing... I'm sure this was covered in the 2+2 poker theory forum at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Playing the 1000 euro game after the WPC I decide to make a move on one guy (who I recognise from LNP). I have my favourite KT and the board comes Axx. He bets, I call. I've already decided I've been such a n00b rock that I can push him off the hand if he checks the turn. The Turn is a Jack, he bets bigger, I call still with the intention of bluffing him on the river. River is a queen, he goes all in, I call with the nuts. Everyone congratulates me (he's by far the chip leader and its hardly hurt him), but Pat Crowe looks closer at the hand history and starts to ask me "what?.. how?". All I could say was "Pat, I'm plastered, dont ask, I dont know how I got there either!". :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Fitz last Friday 50/50 (200/400 I think) and I have AKo and 5k

UTG+1 makes it 1k and Sharon says table is breaking up after this hand. I go all-in and UTG+1 thinks and calls with AQs.

Q on flop
    T on turn
    J on river

Ooops. Jambag me goes on for 11th (not even the fecking bubble). Just desserts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Heads up in a tourney about a month ago, blinds at 5K/10K I've about 80K, other player has 280K.

Player raises to 30K preflop and I push, he calls

Me: T T
    Opp: J J

Flop T T x
    Turn J
    River x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night on VC

Heads-up again

Flop is A K 8 rainbow

I push with KJ, called by AK

Turn Q