Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last 12 months profit online?

Options
  • 23-05-2005 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

just from the the "pros / semi pros" who have been keeping records(honest records).well NickyOd your first as the most frequent poster :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

ZZR1100 wrote:
    just from the the "pros / semi pros" who have been keeping records(honest records).well NickyOd your first as the most frequent poster :)

But I'm not pro or semi pro! :(

You might be surprised hear how little I actually make from online poker. I'm pretty tight with my bankroll because I never want to be forced to make another deposit and I've made some seriously bad decisions with my money this year.

So far this year I've only made about 3K which for the time I've put in is total crap. I've made so many final tables where I could have had seriously decent payouts but I've blown it every time. (excepot for losing out on 2K at a final table in January when my AA was cracked by KQo all in preflop. That one really hurt). I also lost $1200 in one week on Absolute poker thanks to a 200BB downswing on the 3/6 tables. Lovely!

I haven't won a single MTT this year. I've had to clear 9K in debt over the last 2 years thanks to my lovely ex-fiance and I'm in the black for the first time in about 6 years so right now I'm only concerned with grinding, not going for the big win or taking risks. I've made a cashout of 1K and I'm trying to get what I have online up 3K again and start playing the 5/10 limit tables on Party poker because I can get a decent rakeback deal on there. I will most likely then be playing 5/10 exclusively as an experiment to see if I can sustain an hourly rate that actually makes the time I put in online worthwhile. A friend of mine is playing 10/20 and is making 10K a month. the bastard!

Advertisement