Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitored Alarms

Options
  • 23-05-2005 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just bought an Apartment and I'm looking into Alarm systems at the minute.

I'm quite interested in getting a monitored system and was wondering if there were any alternatives to Eircom Phonewatch as I heard they don't provide a great service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

hi derryred,

the service is the same as all security depending on how busy and what part of the country you live in in which would afect the time on how long it would take an engineer to visit your premises,it would normaly be with in 3-5 days,anyway if its installed properly you shouldnt require a service that often only 1-2 times per year.hopes this answers your question

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I have a PhoneWatch system, as do my parents, and some friends. None of us have ever had problems. I find it's a great service, and a great alarm system. I've had only one activation in a year, and that was down to kids messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Any alarm company thats registered can set up monitoring. Eircom can be very expensive and are no better than others. They all relay the activation to the cops and its up to them how quick they respond.

There are other options available, voice diallers ring any pre-programmed numbers and inform you of an activation by a pre-recorded message and there are no on going fee's. You can also get a text dialler that will obviously text you when there is an activation.

Ring around and get plenty of quotes and ask in detail what you will get for your money, go for the quote thats somewhere in the middle and you wont go to far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

Folks,

im looking for a wire free alarm system but not interested in a monitored system. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

• Advertisement
Advertisement