Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When I was younger I wanted to.....

Options
  • 23-05-2005 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

... be a Goonie

... be on Wack-a-Day and meet Timmy Mallet

... own a pair of those Magic Key shoes by Clarkes (so so badly!!!)

... go Back To The Future with Micheal J. Fox

... go on the show Finders Keepers and wreck the house!!

Unfortunately I never achieved any of them (well I'm a goonie at heart!).

Anyone else have high ambitions when younger! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

..be on Top Banana (a kids gameshow thingy on ITV around 6am Sat mornings i think, i dont remember much but they got to eat CAKE, and i wanted some!!)

..be in the A-Team (i could have been the geeky member :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Be in Funhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Post a lot on the internet.

What? I was a very forward-thinking child.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Eve e

Be able to go through the magic door

Own a soda stream

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Stop time, and start it again when I wished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Larianne wrote:
    ... be a Goonie

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

I wanted

- To visit Wanderly Wagon
    - Go to Grange Hill
    - Collect every sticker in a panini book
    - Be able to get sticky back plastic to use for a blue peter thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

qz wrote:
    Stop time, and start it again when I wished.
    YES and have adventures of course ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I just wanted to be older!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Blisterman wrote:
    Be in Funhouse.

ah YEAH, that as well!! SOooo wanted to go on those go carts!

"...use your body and your brain if you wanna win the game..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

drive them go karts around the fun house :)

go to summer bay high (when it was good)

solve a crime undersea with sharky and george

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote:
    ah YEAH, that as well!! SOooo wanted to go on those go carts!

my thoughts exactly

and then tehre was the fun run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Larianne wrote:

... be on Wack-a-Day and meet Timmy Mallet

... own a pair of those Magic Key shoes by Clarkes (so so badly!!!)

I wanted to go on Whack-a-Day too!!! and I was fortunate enough to get a pair of those magic key clarkes for my holy communion! - with the lacy ankle socks!!

does anyone remember that show that used to be on TCC (the childrens channel) - where the girl used to say "bad luck" when you didn't win?? well, I wanted to go on that show...

The biggest one I think though was... Why Don't You... I soo badly wanted to stick my head out of one of those little doors and tell a joke!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 pookie pixie

ANDIE YOU GOONIE!!!!!!!!!

be a goonie, they didnt have it on dvd for ages but i finally think its hit the shelves as of late

funhouse, i cried tears when it ended

replace april in the turtles cause i fancied michelangelo and thought i could take on shredder

run supermarket sweep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

KevIRL wrote:
    - Be able to get sticky back plastic to use for a blue peter thingy

ffs, thought i was the only one who got pissed off at that.

i also wanted to be on knightmare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

Yep Funhouse was one of my dreams as well
    Wanted to be on Knightmare
    Wanted Don Conroy to show my drawing (actually achieved that :) but I missed it :()
    Wanted to be a Ghostbuster
    Wanted to be on Whackaday
    Wanted a Commodore

I wanted a lot, got little (but grateful)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... Knightmare was great stuff.

It gets repeated on Challenge TV at the moment. My 8 year old newphew loves it, so I'm sure a new show would still be popular.

The was also a show on Channel 4 when it started up first that was based on some sort of alien space station and the contestants had to solve puzzles. It used to have a very grumpy shrub that would give out alot. The Crystal Maze took alot from it... I'll have to look it up and see if I can find the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I always wanted to go on the crystal maze too.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

I always wated to get a blue peter badge (discounts for menbers only)
    beat wolfe on gladiators
    and go on blind date and chat up some blonde with a cheezy love line

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

I wanted to..........

- Go on patrol with Jon & Punch (remember ? 'CHiPs')
    - Fight with the A Team
    - Live in Dallas
    - Own a well-built trolley/go kart .....no seriously ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

I wanted to win the prize off movies games and videos, mmm, i wonder if they've changed the name to 'Movies, Games and DVD's', it's still on isn't it?

I wanted to change my name to Shredder's real name, can't think of it now, i just thought it sounded cool!!

Learn how to jump 30ft into the air while doing a spinning heel kick.

Be a tag team wrestler with my best friend Marc Matison, whom i haven't seen in about 14 years:(

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

..... be a page three model! and own a helicopter. seriously! Thought it was funny to be cheeky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

....stop time by putting my index fingers together and start it by placing my open palms together
    ....speed around on a huge ice slide, and encase myself in ice and turn into iceman (yes very sad but I was about 6/7)
    ....be a goonie (mikey was cool)
    ....be BA from the A-team
    ....be Michael J Fox in either back to the future or teen wolf (loved teen wolf)
    ....fly - I had convinced myself in my waking state that I could fly just like in my dream state
    ....go on Noel Edmund's house party - the kids got really really cool toys when they won
    ....Have Jamie's magic torch
    ....Have a Batman lair under my house that I could open my wardrobe, open the hatch, pull up the fireman pole and attach it to the upper inside of the wardrobe, and slide down. I even drew out very detailed designs if I ever won the lotto and would be able to afford to make it :)
    ....wanted to be an inventor. Had seen so many toys that other kids had (that I wanted) that I began to disect them and work out really cool multipurpose toys that everyone would want to buy
    ....be a ghostbuster - I wanted to be Egon. I even made up my own powerpack from cardboard boxes, and a coke can (for the red bit on the back).
    ....be a swashbuckler - I accidentally kept beating up my friends with sticks when we would sword fight.
    ....be older

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']....stop time by putting my index fingers together and start it by placing my open palms together
    ....speed around on a huge ice slide, and encase myself in ice and turn into iceman (yes very sad but I was about 6/7)
    ....be a goonie (mikey was cool)
    ....be BA from the A-team
    ....be Michael J Fox in either back to the future or teen wolf (loved teen wolf)
    ....fly - I had convinced myself in my waking state that I could fly just like in my dream state
    ....go on Noel Edmund's house party - the kids got really really cool toys when they won
    ....Have Jamie's magic torch
    ....Have a Batman lair under my house that I could open my wardrobe, open the hatch, pull up the fireman pole and attach it to the upper inside of the wardrobe, and slide down. I even drew out very detailed designs if I ever won the lotto and would be able to afford to make it :)
    ....wanted to be an inventor. Had seen so many toys that other kids had (that I wanted) that I began to disect them and work out really cool multipurpose toys that everyone would want to buy
    ....be a ghostbuster - I wanted to be Egon. I even made up my own powerpack from cardboard boxes, and a coke can (for the red bit on the back).
    ....be a swashbuckler - I accidentally kept beating up my friends with sticks when we would sword fight.
    ....be older

same ere ... except for the swashbuckler bit .... I wanted to be the princess that was captured by the pirates who wriggles her way out of the ropes while on board only to find a sord and hijack the ship!

oh! and teleport by closing my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Oh yeah I forgot

....be invisible (but I was a very dirty and perverted youngster lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Oh yeah I forgot

....be invisible (but I was a very dirty and perverted youngster lol)

I thought everyone felt invisible as a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

..... go on "Gamesmaster" and win a Gamesmaster Golden Joystick.

Still do, to be honest! :D Would have it as pride of place on the mantlepiece!

..... go on "Gamesmaster" and win a Gamesmaster Golden Joystick.

Still do, to be honest! :D Would have it as pride of place on the mantlepiece!

why did they ever drop that program? , consoles / games were just going to get bigger

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I wanted to go on Funhouse, Noel's House Party and the Crystal Maze; I wanted to own my own sweet shop; to have birthday parties in the Fun Factory; to get my photo on the 'Happy Birthday' show on the Den; to be an inventor, an artist, an air hostess, an archaeologist, a Jedi and a pirate; I can't remember which shows did it, but I wanted to pour green slime on my parents/teachers (was that Noel's House Party?)

I have to admit, I was scared of Knightmare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DayDreamer

- Jim to 'fix' something for me
    - Draw like Tony Hart from Hart Beat
    - Be on Pat's Chat ...got to do this one :D
    - Have a rummage through Forty Coat's pockets
    - Drive the car from Knight Rider
    - Have a look inside Bosco's house

Advertisement