Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Prices

Options
  • 23-05-2005 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

What could I get for €500 and €700 Laptop wise ???

New Preferably

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

wait until wednesday, one of the supermarkets will be doing a sub €700 lappy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You could get a bottom of the range Dell.

My Mother-in-law got one a while back and hasn't had a bother with it. Now, they are light and flimsy, lack any kind of wireless, but for light office work and surfing the web, they do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

My gf's father paid about 1000EUR for one for her about 8 months ago.
    It's probably the same specs now but lower price..
    Celeron..256ram...cd-rw...integrated graphics..40GB HD etc.
    Basic but does the (some) job(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Harvey Norman's been spouting on about laptops he's giving away at about that price range...was looking at a toshiba that was an okay buy a few weeks back.
    Celeron, 512 RAM and a cd writer plus the screen wasn't too shabby.
    Dell or outlet is a good bet but outlet seem to have a low inventory at the minute.
    The Acer on Komplett a while back is pretty good value, but beware of desktop cpus if it's to serve as anyhting other than a desktop replacement...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Acer usually have good specs for low prices, but ive heard there does be probs with the hinges

• Advertisement
Advertisement