Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The standard of play online each night...

Options
  • 23-05-2005 2:15pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been thinking about this for a while,so now I will put it out to you lot and see what you think.Basically I am starting to think that the standard of play on a Friday/Saturday is much higher with alot more serious players online.So it looks like alot of what some would call "fish" only play weeknights.

Have any of you noticed this...?or it could just be my imagination running away with me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

lol. I thought it was the opposite, since the guys using Daddy's credit card can't play on school nights. I have always, always had a better hourly rate at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I'd tend to agree with you Paul.

I also don't necessarily concur with the ratings some of the sites get for their 'fish' that some reviews give.

Pokerroom.com generally comes out as being the site with the largest pool of fish, and the easiest games to beat (I play up to about $30 STT depending on bankroll, as I cash out each month, and grind up).

I find Pokerroom very difficult to crack at these levels, despite it's poor reputation, and find Ladbrokes far easier, and it is supposed to be of a far higher standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I'd be very surprised if there's a site tougher to crack than Full Tilt. The .50/.1 LM ring tables are just like the 5/10 tables on PS.

Party Poker has to be the mother of all fish ponds for Cash games, although VCPoker is pretty soft too especially considering you can sit with 200BBs at the NL tables.

SnGs I don't think there's any easier one to beat than the $20 SnGs on Pokerstars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Party Poker is the softest for me, so many limit players trying out the NL cash games, tons of beginners playing the Omaha tables.
    Biggest advantage is choice. up to 70,000 players online at 11pm Irish time on a Friday, try finding 10 full $100 PL Omaha tables on PaddyPowerPoker at *any* time.

Table selection is definitely best on Party, and they have some very nice 2 and 3 table $5-$30 STT's.

Advertisement