Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem @ Slane

Options
  • 23-05-2005 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

The Slane line-up is gaining momentum again after speculation that Eminem was headlining.
    2FM's Rick + Ruth, said that its soon to be confirmed(almost definetly she used) that Eminem, 50 Cent and D12 will be attending Slane 2005

There will no doubt be others: Looks like the rumours were correct after all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

awful....
    Sorry, but I just think that's such a one dimentional line up and has killed the aura of a music festival in Slane.
    And I'd say it'll mostly be 16-20 years at it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Slane goes from bad to worse...

Surely eminem / d12 / 50c cant fill Slane... can they?
    I mean... a fan of one is probably a fan of them all. It's like they're all from the same stable anyway.
    Going to need another big act to vary the crowd me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Sounds like it's gonna be skanger heaven at Slane this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Whatever happened to good old rock? Thats what Slane is all about :(

• Advertisement

susanna wrote:
    Whatever happened to good old rock? Thats what Slane is all about :(
    yeah... I totally agree.
    Hasnt been a good Slane in a long time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

hell motha fukin yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

whiskeyman wrote:
    awful....
    Sorry, but I just think that's such a one dimentional line up and has killed the aura of a music festival in Slane.
    And I'd say it'll mostly be 16-20 years at it too...

I'd say there'll be a much younger crowd than that.

I don't know any one over 18 who'd want to be seen at this.

This line-up really takes the piss. First Robbie Williams (I think?) and Madonna, and now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

They should really move Slane up to June. More (classic) rock bands play then, so therefore they'd be easier to book. And I'm sure we'd all like Slane to go back to its roots, eh?

Something like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden (if they weren't playing the RDS in August), Mötley Crüe, Velvet Revolver and two or three more acts would have been nice.

Yeah, bit of a mini-Ozzfest but it's better than all the new stuff they have fixed up there recently. Remember the year when Stereophonics headlined? Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Eminem at Slane is sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

2003 had a good lineup (mostly) but whatever happened to the every second year is good thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Iron Maiden are having trouble selling tickets for the RDS show as it is!
    Eminem will drag in a huge crowd easily and you can't question that.
    Who said Slane was primarily rock event? Rap is hugely popular at the moment and has a huge following. Having some owld washed up rock band who hasn't released anything in years headline it is just living in the past. Music is moving to other levels of style and Slane will have to do the same to pack the venue.
    Get over it ye old rockers - go see the half sold Iron Maiden if that's what you want to see and don't worry your little head about Slane. If Eminem isn't your cup of tea well then leave him for the rest of us to enjoy! Not a problem, so stop bitching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

deisedolly wrote:
    Who said Slane was primarily rock event? Rap is hugely popular at the moment and has a huge following. Having some owld washed up rock band who hasn't released anything in years headline it is just living in the past. Music is moving to other levels of style and Slane will have to do the same to pack the venue.
    Get over it ye old rockers - go see the half sold Iron Maiden if that's what you want to see and don't worry your little head about Slane. If Eminem isn't your cup of tea well then leave him for the rest of us to enjoy! Not a problem, so stop bitching!
    Well Fu*king said!

Iron Maiden filling Slane.....Black SAbbath are you for real.

Eminem would fill it Slane twice

As was said Music is evolving - it always has-Slane has got to aswell
    Dont forget to collect yeer pensions on thursday mornings.... ya old fogies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

AC/DC

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

AC/DC

I concur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

deisedolly wrote:

Good arguement. It's a pity you had to ruin it with those last comments.

Yeah that sounds fairly crap allright. Oxegen all the way...(though I'll be getting my chemical bro's ticket soon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

deisedolly wrote:

Couldnt have said is better myself

No one ever said slane was a ceartain genre anyway.....what it really comes down to is ' what artists will give us the most profit'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

deisedolly wrote:

so effin right

Advertisement